Korean government scholarship is currently open for online applications for the academic Year 2021-2022 for all International Students.
The government provides international students the best opportunities to carry on advanced studies in undergraduate and graduate programs at the high institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to grow international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
The Korean government scholarship is awarded for undergraduate, master’s, and Ph.D. students.
To balance the development of studies by fostering world-class human resources in areas required for national strategic development, by providing financial support for fundamental fields of study.
Selection course support period
- Selection course: Master’s and doctoral degree courses
2~3 years (for the US, Canada, the UK are only 2 years), However, training for engineers/ technicians is supported for less than 6 months
- Round-trip airfare is paid separately
- The scholarship includes all expenses required for study abroad including school expenses, living expenses, and insurance premiums.
- Departure and return airfares are provided separately.
Korean Government Scholarship Selection size
- 70 students (40 for general, 20 for a low-income family, 10 for engineers/ technicians: 4 for study abroad, and 6 for national training)
Many Korean universities give scholarship opportunities to international students. In most cases, such scholarships are granted in accordance with the applicant’s GPA level. Detailed information can be found at the specific university’s official website.
List of other Universities Scholarships:
- STUDY IN GERMANY: Arden University Berlin Undergraduate Program
- TDTU Scholarships Policies for International Students
- Women in Tech Scholarship international awards
- Desmond Tutu/Church of Scotland Masters Scholarship
- Charles Darwin University Australia (CDU) Destination Scholarship
- Atul Chauhan Scholarships for International Students at Amity University London
- University of Roehampton International Scholarships for Postgraduate Students
- British Chevening Scholarships in UK for International Students
- University of Waterloo Undergraduate and Postgraduate Scholarships in Canada
- Global Undergraduate Scholarship
Korean Government Scholarship Benefits
What you should know before you can apply for the 2021 – 2022 Korean government scholarship, is the benefit aspect of it. We are going to list out the benefits to study in Korea.
- It will cover actual airfare
- Korean government scholarship will provide resettlement allowance of KRW 200,000
- Living Allowance of KRW 20,000
- Medical insurance KRW 20,000 (per month)
- Language Courses KRW 800,000 per quarter
- Tuition Fees Actual cost (No more than 5 million KRW per semester)
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency
- Research Support KRW 210,000 – 240,000 (per semester)
- Printing Costs (Dissertation) KRW 500,000 -800,000
- Completion Grant KRW 100,000 (Once)
Korean Government Scholarship Program Requirements
- Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
- Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- applicant must be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
- Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
- Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
- Applicants who have previously achieved in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
- However, a former or current KGSP scholar who holds the overall grade of 90% or above can reapply to this program once either through the embassy or university track.
- NIIED invites the Korean Embassy in the invited country or a domestic university to recommend potential candidates.
- Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence or the domestic university concerned.
- The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
- NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees.
- You must check the requirements to apply for a test for studying abroad at government expense.
- Applicants must then completely prepare the required documents, apply individually through the school window according to the screening schedule.
Following documents will be required for a Korean government scholarship
- Highest Degrees
- Highest transcripts
- Recommendation letters
- Personal statement for the master’s degree program
- Study plan
- Research proposal for Ph. D. degree program
- Motivation letter for undergraduate program
Scholarship amount (per person)
- USA ($40,000), Canada ($26,000), United Kingdom (GBP 18,850)
- Other countries: $16,000 on average (Scholarship amount depends on local price conditions.)
There are many applications of University for you to select. First of all, follow steps one by selecting your course, select University and major study, fill in an admission application, Upload an additional document, and final verification.
Under the following courses, select the one you want to apply for e.g SeoulTech, Seoul national university of Science & Technology
- Combined Master’s and Doctorate
- Language Study
- Exchange Student
- For the Korean government scholarship, Online application Click or copy the link to your browser http://www.studyinkorea.go.kr
- Application fee payment
- Application documents submitted by post
- Tuition payment
- Receiving documents for visa
- Period: April 5 ~ April 23, 2021
- Fee : 100,000won ($100)
- All documents must be written in English or in Korean.
- Original documents must be submitted. Should they be unavailable, however, photocopies must be authorized by the originating institution.
- Every countries’ Korean embassy and the domestic university has different deadlines, so hurry up and apply as soon as possible.
A. Art Major Asian(AMA) Scholarship Program (Karts)
- Target group: Asian students with excellent artistic talent (19 Asian countries)
- Fields of study: Art
- Applicable degree: Undergraduates (B.A) and graduates (M.A & Ph.D.)
- Benefits: Full tuition fee, living expenses(800,000 KRW per month), airfare, medical insurance, fee for the Korean language course, etc.
- Number of recipients: 00
- Application period: March
- Host institution: Korea National University of Arts(Karts)
B. Scholarship for Asian Students in Korea (POSCO TJ Park Foundation)
- Target group: Young intellectuals from Asian countries who plan to enroll in Master’s or Doctoral courses at foundations’ cooperating universities
- Fields of study: International studies, Korea studies, public policy, science, and engineering
- Benefits: Full tuition and a living expense for 22 months of staying in Korea
- Number of recipients: around 30
- Application period: Fall semester: Varies depending on cooperating universities
- Host institution: POSCO TJ Park Foundation Website: http://www.postf.org/ko/page/asia/scholar.do
C. Graduate Studies Fellowship Programs (Korea Foundation)
- Fields of study: M.A and Ph.D. candidates in Korea-related studies from about 30 countries around the world
- Scholarship duration: 1 year
- Benefits: Tuition fee( grant differ depending on area and country’s tuition fee and price level)
- Number of recipients: 150 students a year from all over the world
- Host institution: Office: +82-2-2046-8562
D. Daewoong Foundation Scholarship Program for International Students (Daewoong Foundation)
- Target group: International students studying in Korea
- Students who are fluent in Korean(TOPIK level 4 or above)
- Students who have an excellent understanding of Korean culture
- ↑ Who have excellent academic achievements
- Application period: March and October
- Number of recipients: 00
- Host institution: Daewoong Foundation
Website: http://daewoongfoundation.or.kr -> apply -> online inquiries
E. Scholarship programs offered by corporates
- Major corporate foundations: Website
- Busan Foundation for International Cooperation: www.bfic.kr/main/main.asp
- Samsung Scholarship Foundation: www.sdream.or.kr
- Pencil Scholarship Foundation: www.pensaf.or.kr
- HansaeYes24 Foundation: hansaeyes24foundation.com
You can visit the Korean government scholarship to study in any of the Republic of Korea Universities. Here is the official website or send you a message to Korean University email via email@example.com