Desmond Tutu/Church of Scotland masters scholarship 2021 deadline: the application will close on 5th April 2021.
We are glad to announce to you that the scholarship will be awarded to a student from Africa who is accepted on a full-time basis for a one-year
postgraduate Masters programme of study within the School of Divinity, and who has the official endorsement from the General Secretary or Principal Clerk of their Church.
This scholarship was set up in 2009 to commemorate the Honorary Degree of Doctor of Divinity conferred by the University on the Most Reverend Desmond Tutu.
During the graduation ceremony, Archbishop Tutu spoke of the historic links between Africa and the University of Edinburgh: “Some of our first black physicians were people who had trained here and there is a long tradition that links this university with our part of the world.”
The scholarship will cover:
Full overseas tuition fee
Accommodation within a Church of Scotland flat within Edinburgh
- £500 per calendar month for living costs
- Visa costs
- One return airfare
- Insurance from Church of Scotland business travel, underwritten by Aviva.
- The award will be tenable for one academic year.
The scholarship will be awarded to a student from Africa who is accepted on a full-time basis for a one-year postgraduate Master’s programme of study within the School of Divinity. Shortlisted candidates will require to have the official endorsement from the General Secretary or the Principal Clerk of their Church.
Applicants must be a member of a Church of Scotland partner church in Africa. Eligible partner churches are:
- Evangelical Presbyterian Church, Ghana
- Presbyterian Church of Ghana
- Presbyterian Church of East Africa
- Synod of the Nile of the Evangelical Church of Egypt
- Church of Central Africa Presbyterian
- Igreja Evangelica de Cristo em Mocambique
- Presbyterian Church of Nigeria
- Presbyterian Church of South Sudan
- The Programme of Christian Muslim Relations in Africa’
- United Church of Zambia
- Uniting Presbyterian Church of Southern Africa
Criteria for Desmond Tutu/Church of Scotland masters scholarship
The scholarship will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit with candidates requiring a Bachelor’s Degree equivalent to a UK first-class or 2:1 Honours degree.
Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application
The scholarship deadline: 5th April 2021.
In order to gain access to the scholarship application system applicants must have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh. Please note that, following the submission of an application for admission, it can take up to ten working days for all system checks to be completed and for access to be granted.
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web-based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance
All applicants will be notified of the outcome by the end of June 2021
- Charles Darwin University Australia Destination Scholarship
- World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
- Scholarship to studying at University of the People Online Tuition-Free
- Khalifa University Graduate Scholarship
- ICSP Scholarships at University of Oregon USA
MyEd is the University of Edinburgh’s web portal. It is a gateway to web-based services within and beyond the University and offers a personalized set of content with a single sign-on to key University services such as Learn and Office365.
About University Login
Your University Login (formerly ‘EASE’) is our reduced-sign-on service, providing access to various restricted resources.
Visiting a protected website directs you to http://www.ease.ed.ac.uk, where you can log in with Your University Login credentials and return to the desired content, remaining authenticated for up to 16 hours on the same login. Many users may simply know the password they use with protected websites as their ‘University password’ or their ‘MyEd password’.
MyEd, the University’s web portal, is available to applicants, students, staff, visitors, and alumni. You can login to MyEd using your University Login.
Note: if you don’t have a university account yet then you must set up your university login account right here.
However, if you are a registered member already, you don’t need to create a new university login account anymore. Kindly click the Login to MyEd page and provide your login details to complete your scholarship registration. We are going to guide you to log in to my university login page and also guide those who don’t have an account yet to set up your university login account.
How to Login to my University Portal
To access the University login page, you need to connect to the internet and quickly visit your university login official website, below are what you need to login to your university login portal.
- Click the link to visit the login page here ===> www.ease.ed.ac.uk
- Wait for the page to finish loading.
- Enter your username e.g s000000000 or fbloggs1
- Click the continue button to provide the last request.
- Enter your password and click the login button and wait for the page to redirect you to your university dashboard.
How to Set Up Your Unvisty Login new account.
Entitlement and Sign-up
Details of who can sign up for a University Login, and how to do so.
Type of user
- Staff or Visitors
- Student applicants
How they receive their initial University Login sign-up details
- Via email or letter from the School office or HR department.
- Via email or letter from the University Student admissions department during the application process.
- Either continue using the original student University Login or update your alumni details to receive a login.
- Create a Friend (limited service) account using a non-University email address.
- Have an existing staff member or student invite you.
How to sign up
When you visit www.ease.ed.ac.uk/register, enter your username and password.
Make sure you click to accept the University computing regulations.
Click the continue button to complete the registration form.
The must be recongnized.
University Login password reset tools
Reset Your University Login password and associated details.
- Sign-up and activation
- Set up Your University Login password
- Activate your Office 365 email account to use Your University Login password
Reset Your University Login password
- Memorable Word
What is ‘Memorable Word’?
- Reset your ‘Memorable Word’
- Reset forgotten ‘Memorable Word’ by email
- Shared Secrets
- Reset Your University Login ‘Shared Secrets’ security questions
- Friend accounts
- Reset your Friend account password
Other useful end-user tools
- Choosing a strong password
- Username help