Microsoft cloud & data scholarship and Udacity have teamed up together to offer fully-funded scholarships in Data Analysis and Visualization using Microsoft Power BI and AI Engineer using Microsoft Azure
First, we want to increase the number of professionals with Microsoft Azure AI engineering skills and prepare them to pass the Microsoft Certification.
More importantly, we hope to expand the diversity of individuals with Microsoft skills, particularly women and people identifying as Black or Hispanic. We have two separate tracks for this program—a foundational program for beginners and a more advanced practitioner program—so learners at all levels are encouraged to apply.
How can I benefit from this program?
You will work on real-world projects with the most up-to-date content, co-created with top industry experts to build your portfolio. Throughout your journey, you will have access to a supportive online community, where you will get support from mentors and fellow learners, along with building a strong industry network. Graduates from both tracks have the opportunity to take the related Microsoft Certification exam at no cost.
How many spots will be available?
There are 150 scholarships available. Winners will be announced on April ending, 2023 and will have full access to the Nanodegree program content on April 26, 2023. Scholarship recipients must begin and make progress in their course by the 4th week of the program, or they will be removed.
What does the learner journey look like as part of this program?
Students will have access to the course material through their classroom and will have regular virtual touch points with a Udacity Tutor to check on their progress, work through case studies and solve their technical blockers. In order to graduate, students must complete a set of projects within the specified time frame.
What support is offered to me as a student?
Students take part in live webinars led by our Udacity tutors who are content experts. There are 1-2 webinars per project, where Udacity tutors track progress, work through technical blockers, and work on relevant case studies together. Additionally, students join an online Slack community at the start of the program, where they can reach out to Udacity tutors at any point in their journey with questions, network with their peers and find motivation.
What are the eligibility criteria for enrolling?
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. We encourage individuals at any skill level to apply.
Are there any fees for enrollment?
No, this is a free scholarship opportunity.
Are there any prerequisites for enrollment?
Data Analysis and Visualization using Microsoft Power BI prerequisites include:
- Basics for Microsoft Excel
- Must pass a short examination to be considered.
- Learners will need a Windows operating system and will need to download and install free Power BI Desktop software.
AI Engineer using Microsoft Azure prerequisite include:
- Python programming skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure
- Ability to navigate the Azure portal
- Familiarity with Azure data sources
- Knowledge of JSON REST
- Ability to use APIs in application development
- Must pass a technical examination to be considered.
Is this program online, in-person, or a combination of both?
The program takes place 100% online. You can work from wherever you want to, as long as you have a working internet connection.
How many hours a week should I expect to spend on my coursework, in order to finish on time?
Between instructional content, quizzes, projects, and other course-related activities, we estimate that investing 10-15 hours/week of self-study (including attending virtual project webinars led by Udacity tutors) will enable Nanodegree program learners to proceed through the curriculum at a successful pace.
Upon successful completion, Microsoft is offering graduates of both tracks certification codes so that they can sign up for their respective certifications ($165 value) at no cost. Build an impressive resume and portfolio with the certification and real-world projects from the program.
Projects for this track include:
- Create an efficient data model for a small brewing company that will help them better understand what products are popular and profitable.
- Design a detailed Power BI report with many data visuals that tell the story of how two products at a startup compare to each other.
- Use population statistics from the US Census Bureau to determine whether there is a correlation between sales and income for a national clothing chain.
Graduates have the opportunity to take the related Microsoft Certification exam at no cost, earning a certification that shows they are keeping up with today’s technical requirements.
Your chance to level up your employable digital skills—advance your career with Microsoft Azure.
Projects for this track include:
- Building an automated passenger boarding kiosk to collect passenger and flight info through face recognition, digital ID, boarding pass, etc.
- Create a customer support chatbot for a dentist’s website using the Azure platform, a Node.js bot application, a LUIS model, and a QnA knowledge base.
- Build a knowledge-mining solution to help employees of a company gain insights into training materials made available by their company.
Find out more about the Microsoft Research Ph.D. fellowship for Canada & United States