DRD South Africa Scholarship 2022 for Masters/PhD Degree
The DRD offers a limited number of DAAD merit scholarships per year for applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record, to pursue development-related Masters and PhD studies.
Scholarships include monthly allowances of 650 Euro plus travel allowances for Master candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for PhD candidates. Tuition and registration fees are covered by the Scholarship Programme.
Scholarship applicants are advised to carefully read about the specific entry requirements and course application procedure of the programme of their choice. The information is available from the respective programmes sections. In addition to programme requirements, all applicants have to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should be from Sub-Sahara Africa
- Applicants should have an outstanding academic record – at least 70% average for your last degree
- The study must have been completed at an internationally recognized university
- The previous degree should have been an academic discipline which is related to Development Studies
- South African students are required to have an honors degree in order to be admitted to a Masters degree course. Other students need the equivalent of a 4 year undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken. This can be TOEFL test or a similar standard test or a letter from an academic institution
- Work and/or voluntary experience in your field of interest would be a recommendation
- There is no formal age restriction, but applicants should apply within three years of completing their previous degree, unless they have a good reason for having been academically inactive for a period
- Women are encouraged to apply
- South African students are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must be able to study full-time at the UWC for the required period.
The information on “How to apply” for the Master in Development Studies, the Master in Public Administration and the respective PhD options can be found in the respective “How to apply” sections of each programme. Applications can only be submitted by using the online application form, which is as well available in the respective “How to apply” sections. Applications via hard copy or email are not eligible.
It is important to visit the official website to access the electronic application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
- Masters/PhD Degree
- University of the Western Cape, South Africa/Ruhr-Univeristy Bochum, Germany
Field of study:
- Scholarships are available for full-time students of:
- MA in Development Studies
- Master in Public Administration
- the different PhD options at the center (PhD UWC)
Number of Awards:
- The scholarships are intended for nationals of Sub-saharan African countries.
- Scholarships include monthly allowances of 650 Euro plus travel allowances for Master candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for PhD candidates. Tuition and registration fees are covered by the Scholarship Programme.
- 20 June 2022 (annual)
Study in: South Africa/Germany
Course starts Jan-May 2023. The date can be changed.
Application official website for South Africa Scholarship 2022 to study in Germany.