UK Birmingham Postgraduate Scholarships 2021 is now open for USA students. The scholarship enables postgraduate level program(s) in the field of arts, law, environmental sciences, life sciences, social sciences taught at the University of Birmingham.
The University of Birmingham is committed to supporting academically excellent students from Nigeria and offers an exclusive scholarship of 20% off tuition fees for each year of study.
Below this article, you will enable to learn how to apply for the UK Birmingham Postgraduate Scholarships 2021 and submit your online application. There are few steps to apply for these scholarships free.
UK Birmingham Postgraduate Scholarships 2021-22 is available to undertake Postgraduate level programs at the University of Birmingham.
The following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- Environmental Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Social Sciences
Know what you will benefit from before you can apply for the UK Birmingham postgraduate scholarships online. These are what students will benefit from.
The University of Birmingham will provide an award amount of £5,000 towards tuition fees for an eligible one-year Masters (taught or research) program at their UK campus.
- US Students can apply for this scholarship program online.
To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria before applying for these scholarships:
- You have received an offer of a place to study on a Masters (taught or research) program at the University of Birmingham of one year in duration
- Applicants must meet the academic conditions of their offer to the program
- They must have a valid student ID number
- Candidates have an offer to study a full-time program at our UK campus (not distance learning)
- Be a national of the USA, and be domiciled in the USA
- You must be classified as overseas for fees purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fee not covered by the program
- They have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living for a year at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK
- Students start their studies at the University in September 2021 (the Award may not be deferred)
- You must be registered with and have their postgraduate study application attached to our local representatives: Across the Pond (ATP)
When you visit the University of Birmingham scholarship website, kindly search their taught and research courses to find out what Birmingham can offer you.
Information on program content, entry requirements, and how to apply can be found on our course pages.
At Birmingham, you will join a stimulating postgraduate community of students and researchers. We offer over 600 taught Master’s opportunities to choose from, and 140 research courses, which enable you to develop your career and pursue your interests.
Biomedical Sciences – Ph.D/MSc
Level Postgraduate and course type (Doctoral research)
- Start date
Research degrees may start at any time of the year.
- Course Type
Postgraduate, Doctoral research
Annual tuition fee for 2021/22:
Ph.D.: three years full-time, 6 years part-time, MSc by Research: 1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
UK Birmingham scholarships under Biomedical Sciences Ph.D./MSc by Research will provide you with skills necessary to contribute to research that explores the science of the human body and the causes of diseases that affect humankind.
As part of the School of Biomedical Science, you will work alongside researchers at the leading edge of their field and take advantage of our well-established links with major national centers for research and the local NHS.
Our modern facilities, laboratories, and prosecutorial are well equipped to help you develop your knowledge of the subject through hands-on practical tasks and inter-professional working.
- Lancaster University Bachelor’s Program
- European University Viadrina Masters Program
- STUDY IN GERMANY: Arden University Berlin Undergraduate Program
- University of Roehampton International Scholarships
- American University of Beirut (AUB) MasterCard Foundation Graduate Scholarship Program
However, this program will give you the quality research training you need to enable you to conduct independent investigative research and you will work closely with your supervisory team who will help you clarify your project and support your development. Your thesis will represent an original contribution to knowledge and demonstrate independent judgment.
Why study this course?
When you join your program you will become part of the Graduate School within the College of Medical and Dental Sciences giving you access to:
- Supervision from leading academics to support you through your research program including research techniques and training.
- Training and development courses to enable you to gain research and generic (transferable) training skills
- Opportunities to attend and take part in Research Poster festivals and other postgraduate activities to boost your academic and networking skills
- An allocated academic mentor so you can access pastoral support
- State-of-the-art facilities to support a range of teaching, learning, and research activity with access to dedicated write-up rooms, libraries, and computer facilities.
You will also become part of the wider University of Birmingham postgraduate research community located at Westmere House where you have access to training and skills development, careers and employability advice, wellbeing and counseling services as well as welcome activities and events.
How To Apply to UK Birmingham Postgraduate Scholarships 2021
When submitting an application for any postgraduate program, you are also required to submit supporting documentation to accompany your application form. To give your application the best chance of success follows our step-by-step guide.
- Find your program here
- Click APPLY NOW to submit your program application
- If your application is successful, you will hear from us within 5-10 working days with your offer letter
- Accept your offer
- The University of Birmingham will contact you with your scholarship offer
Making your UK Birmingham Postgraduate Scholarships 2021 Application
If you have got everything ready to apply then please go to the Apply Now button at the top of this page. We look forward to receiving your application.
We encourage you to apply early so that you have plenty of time to prepare the necessary travel, study, and immigration documents. In some cases, it may be a time-consuming process. You will find further information and guidance for prospective students regarding visas and immigration on our Student Help pages.
After you have submitted your application
Once you’ve completed your online application and submitted it electronically, it will be checked by staff in the Postgraduate Admissions team before being sent to the College of Medical and Dental Sciences for consideration. Selection processes differ depending on the type of application you have made.
The application deadline: is 18 May 2021.
Click here to apply for the scholarships