University of British Columbia scholarship in Canada 2023
University of British Columbia scholarship in Canada
The University of British Columbia scholarship in Canada is Open to all International applicants who want Pursue higher education abroad. Applications are accepted worldwide for Fully Funded Scholarship who want to continue their Master’s Degrees or Ph.D. Degrees in Canada. All the Major courses and Specializations are available for aspirants. No Application Form is required, candidates just have to themself.
The Government of Canada provides a lot of Scholarships for International Students every year. This Scholarship is also one of the best scholarships provided to international students. In this scholarship, only international candidates can apply. It is the partially Funded Scholarship that Covers almost half of the expenses of the tuition fees during Study in Canada. ILETS are not Required for this Scholarship if the candidate’s last education is in the English language.
Follow us on
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a public research university with campuses near Vancouver and Kelowna, Canada. It was established in 1908 and is one of the oldest universities in Canada. The university ranking is among the top three universities in Canada with an annual research budget of $759 million. It is ranked 47th number in QS World University Rankings 2023. The University of British Columbia is an international standard University that provides Quality Education. This University has the best study environment and fully equipped labs for researchers. Don’t miss this chance to study with a Scholarship in Canada.
Complete Overview of The University of British Columbia scholarship in Canada:
- Offered Degrees: Master & PhD
- Scholarship Award: Partially Funded
- University Name: The University of British Columbia
- Host Country: Canada
- Application Last Date: Varies According to Course
This is a partially funded scholarship in which partial expenses of $3,200 per year will be afforded by the Government of Canada of selected students.
The following are some requirements to get The University of British Columbia scholarship 2023:
- Applicant must be an international student.
- Applicant must carry his/her as Full time.
- Applicant must be registered in any of the eligible courses provided by the university.
The only document required for the online application is:
- Valid student authorization or study permit.
Students are eligible for the International Tuition Award if they meet the following criteria:
- Students must be assessed international tuition fees. Students can review their tuition assessments by logging into the Student Service Centre.
- Students must be registered full-time in one of the eligible graduate programs. For program eligibility and award amount, check your graduate program listing under Graduate Degree Programs (see Tuition / Program Costs box)
- Students who receive external funding (e.g., their home government, Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship, or other funding agencies like CIDA, WUSC, DAAD, CONACYT, CONICYT, NSF, etc.) for their tuition which is equal to or higher than the value of the International Tuition Award are not eligible. Students who receive external funding toward their tuition which is lower than the value of the International Tuition Award will have their International Tuition Award reduced by the amount of the external tuition funding.
- Exception: As of September 2022, Indigenous students receiving Band funding are eligible to receive the International Tuition Award. Read also: Harvard University Scholarships 2022-2023 for B.Sc, Masters & Ph.D. Programs
The University reserves the right to change the value of this scholarship without notice.
How To Apply
- New students must register for courses in the upcoming term in order for the system to permit the award to be assigned to their SSC account
- Students do not need to apply, as all international students who are eligible are automatically considered for this scholarship. Awards are assigned on the Student Information System, and, once assigned, can be viewed by logging onto the Student Service Centre (SSC).
- Students must verify that they meet the eligibility requirements for accepting the scholarship online, via the Student Service Centre.
- The scholarship is paid in 3 equal installments – one at the beginning of each term. September and January installments are assigned in late August each year. May installment is assigned in late April each year.
- Students who become Landed Immigrants or Permanent Residents while enrolled at UBC are required to provide a copy of their Record of Landing to the Registrar’s Office. If an international student becomes a Landed Immigrant on or before the tuition fee due date of the term, domestic fees will be assessed for that term. If an international student becomes a Landed Immigrant after the first tuition fee due date, domestic fees will be assessed for the following term. Landed Immigrant status is attained as the “Landed on” date (box 45) indicated on the Record of Landing, not the Date Issued.
- Students can no longer receive the International Tuition Award once they are assessed domestic tuition fees. As a result, their International Tuition Award will be pro-rated to the end of the last term for which they were assessed international tuition fees.
- Students who have not been assigned the International Tuition Award by the start of the term and believe themselves to be eligible should contact the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (all emails should include your student number)
The last date to apply for the University of British Columbia Scholarship depends on the course which is chosen by the candidate.
How to Submit an Application
Candidates need to register themselves as an international student and take admission in any eligible course.No application is needed as the candidate will be automatically considered for this scholarship. Visit the official website to register yourself using the link given below.
Other scholarships to apply
- IBM Scholarship Program
- Government of Mauritius Scholarships
- Chang Gung University Scholarships
- Computer Science Scholarship
- HBKU Scholarship in Qatar