IBM Scholarship Program Awards for Ph.D Students
The IBM PhD Fellowship Awards Program is a highly competitive scholarship program. The program attracts outstanding doctoral students from around the globe. Computer science, electrical engineering, cyber security, data analytics, and material sciences are all some of the eligible fields that can apply. All successful Candidates must have completed at least one year of their Ph.D. programs. And they must reside in any country except countries that the United States sanctioned. They must as well meet visa requirements.
About The IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Awards Program
Since the year 1951, the IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Program has collaborated with different faculties, students and universities by recognizing and supporting outstanding Ph.D. students that majored on focused areas of interest in science & technology. The IBM Ph.D. The fellowship Awards nomination period is currently open. Hurry and apply.
What is the IBM Ph.D.? Fellowship Awards Program in Brief?
The IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Awards Program is an extremely competitive worldwide PhD scholarship program, which honors excellent PhD students who want to make their mark in promising, innovative and disruptive technologies.
Eligibility and Criteria
- must be nominated by a doctoral faculty member; students cannot nominate themselves.
- must be enrolled full-time in a PhD program over the two consecutive academic years of the award or forfeit the fellowship.
- should have three years remaining in their program at the time of nomination so the fellowship can be applied to the last two years of study.
- that are from U.S. embargoed countries are not eligible for the program.
- that are receiving a comparable fellowship, internship, or support from another company or institution (except for academic scholarships) during the IBM PhD Fellowship funding period are ineligible for this award
- must stay in the same program for the duration of the award —no transferring of departments or schools.
Awardees will be selected based upon
- their potential for research excellence. All awardees will have an IBM mentor for the duration of the award period and are strongly encouraged to intern during the first or second year of their award. All student visas must align with the terms of the internship. Nominating faculty must submit thoroughly developed proposals, remain engaged during the vetting and due diligence process, and use the university domain email address for all correspondence.
- the degree to which the nominees’ research aligns with IBM’s focus areas.
- academic standing, publications, and endorsements from faculty advisors and department heads receiving a comparable fellowship, internship, or support from another company or institution (except in the case of academic scholarships)
Nominating faculty must submit thoroughly developed proposals, remain engaged during the vetting and due diligence process, and use the university domain email address for all correspondence.
When is the IBM Ph.D? Fellowship nomination period?
Faculties submit all nominations for the annual IBM Ph.D. The Fellowship program is in the fall of every year, and the exact times usually vary from one year to another. The 2023 application window is ongoing and will run from October 11 through November 5. Notification of nominee status takes place in early spring and is contingent upon the completion of all required documentation and due diligence requirements. All applicants are advised to submit all necessary documents on time
Am I eligible if I hold more than one fellowship/scholarship/internship during the award period?
Students receiving a comparable fellowship, scholarship, internship, or research funding from another government, company, or institution (does not include academic scholarships this time) during the same IBM-funded academic period are not eligible for an IBM Ph.D. Fellowship.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Is the internship mandatory?
The internship may not mandatory; but, it is highly encouraged. Many IBM Ph.D. Fellowship interns, who are now working in different companies, tell us that the internships help them to understand the industrial research, development environment, or consulting services, which helps in making better career decisions. It also helps to broaden their range of technical contacts and strengthens their technical experience.
How will I know if my Nominee is awarded an IBM Ph.D.? Fellowship?
Award recipients will be finalized in 2Q 2023. Shortly after, all nominated candidates will receive an email informing them of their nomination status. A formal letter to congratulate them will also be sent to the award winners, but finalization of the award is contingent upon the faculty member engaging with IBM Global University Program to complete all required due diligence documentation.
To apply for this scholarship, visit the official website here for more details
Top 25 Europe Scholarships for International Students