Mauritius Africa Scholarships 2022-2023: As part of its commitment to promote capacity-building at a high level across the continent, the Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries as per the following criteria below
About the Government of Mauritius
The Objective of the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science, and Technology is to ensure that all students are given the opportunity to embark on and complete higher secondary education for employability and higher and further education and training with the required maturity and confidence. To make Mauritius an intelligent island, a Knowledge Hub to serve the Region, and a Centre for Higher Learning and Excellence.
The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting tuition fees and contribute to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius. Furthermore, the airfare, by the most economical route, from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin at the end of the studies will be covered. This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
Requirements for Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarships Qualification
- Applicants for Mauritius Africa Scholarships should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday at the closing date of application;
- For Master’s programs, applicants should not have reached 35 years and,
- for Ph.D. programs, applicants should not have reached 45 years by the closing date of the application
- Applicants must have applied for full-time on-campus studies at any public Tertiary Education Institution in Mauritius for the academic year starting in 2022;
- The scholarship will be for a maximum of four (4) years or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
- Qualification entry requirements
- Mauritius Africa Scholarships’ candidates should have successfully completed end of secondary school to be eligible and should satisfy the minimum grade requirements as indicated below: : (i) 24 points at GCE A – Level which will be computed on the basis of the following grades obtained in three Principal subjects: A+=10, A=9, B=8, C=7, D=6 & E=5; OR (ii) at least an overall average of 70% or an overall average of, 14/20; OR (iii) criteria equivalent to (i) or (ii) above.
- In case the language of instruction is not English in the qualifying examination, the candidate will have to provide valid TOEFL or IELTS test results with a minimum score not less than 550 or 5.5 respectively, or appropriate proof of English Language proficiency.
- Candidates who are already holders of an undergraduate degree will NOT be eligible under this scholarship scheme.
- Self-financing candidates already studying in Mauritius in will NOT be eligible under this Scholarship scheme.
Government of Mauritius Africa Scholarships
- Type: Postgraduate
- Organization: Government of Mauritius
- Country to study: Mauritius
- School to study –
- Course to study: Not specified
- State of Origin
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: October 30, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to the Government of Mauritius on education.govmu.org to apply
Applications, together with supporting documents as required should be forwarded to the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Mauritius at the address mentioned below, for a final selection.
The Senior Chief Executive,
Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science, and Technology
(Attn: Tertiary Education and Scientific Research Division)
Level 2, MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544.
Republic of Mauritius (Email: email@example.com)
Intake Deadline for electronic submission Deadline for submission of hard copy
- April 2022: 28th February 2022 7th March 2022
- October 2022 15th August 2022 22nd August 2022
For application forms, click the below links:
- Application Form postgraduate Fillable
- Application Form undergraduate Fillable
October 30, 2022