Microsoft Outlook Sign in Account – Reset your Password if Forgotten
We’ve said a lot about Microsoft outlook sign in accounts recently and how you can create a new Microsoft Outlook account if you don’t have one. We don’t mind showing you how to still create a new account if having issues with your account which you can not recover Microsoft outlook account.
What is a Microsoft account?
This is the time for you to know what a Microsoft account is all about so that you will know the type of account to create.
When you sign in to a Microsoft account, you will get access to all Microsoft’s premier services. If you use any of these Microsoft services, you have an account:
- Xbox Live,
- or MSN.
Your Microsoft account allows you to manage everything all in one place. Keep tabs on your subscriptions and order history, organize your family’s digital life, update your privacy and security settings, track the health and safety of your devices, and get rewards. Everything stays with you in the cloud and across devices, including iOS and Android. Get to the people, content, and entertainment that matter to you most, with your Microsoft account. One account, all things Microsoft. Microsoft 365 allows you to log in to all in one account, click here to learn how to sign in to your Microsoft 365 account.
There are two ways of doing this, do you want to sign in to your account or you want to create a new account? Then choose one and get started.
Microsoft Outlook Sign in account
You forgot your username or password, or you signed in with the correct details and see a message that your account is locked.
Make sure your Microsoft login details are correct. Follow the steps below to access the Microsoft Outlook sign in page.
Before you sign in to Microsoft Outlook account, you will need to visit the portal and connect your device to the internet.
- Go to www.microsoft.com
- You will see a “SIGN IN” icon, click it to log into your account.
- Enter your Microsoft email address or username, and click next.
- Provide your password and click next to sign in.
- Tap the “Log in” button.
Note: if you can not access your account with your login details then you have to reset your Microsoft account.
I can’t sign in to My Microsoft account
How you resolve problems signing into your Microsoft account depends on the type of issue you are facing to sign in to your account.
- For example, are you having a password problem?
- Did you forget your username?
- Or did you get a message that your account is locked?
We are going to help you find a better solution. All you need is to select the issue from the Microsoft website. Below is the best reason you need to sign in and also describes the reason you can’t sign in.
- Select your sign in issue
- Password or verification issue
You forgot your password, the password entered isn’t working, or you can’t receive a verification code.
You need to reset your password.
We want you to follow the steps to resolve your password issues.
1. Select Forgot password?
If the Enter password window is still open select Forgot password?
(Or go directly to Reset password and enter the username name again for the account you’re trying to reset and select Next).
2. Verify your identity
For your protection, Microsoft must verify your identity before you can proceed with resetting your password.
How to verify your identity depends if you previously added security info to your account and if you can still access them. Select from the two options below.
Option 1: You received and can select a verification option
- Select which option to send the verification code to.
- Select Next.
Option 2: No verification options are given or you can no longer access any of the options
- If you don’t see an option for where to send a code or you no longer have access to any of the verification options shown, you won’t be able to reset your password this way.
- Try the solutions listed in Step 2: If you can’t reset your password. If those don’t work either, or if you selected I can’t receive a code from this verification page, you’ll begin the account recovery process.
Go directly to Step 3: Help with the Microsoft account recovery form for tips to complete that process.
- Get a verification code
- Depending on the contact method you chose, retype the first part of the email address or the last four digits of the phone number hinted at in the previous window.
- Select Get code.
- Microsoft will send a verification code to the email or phone number you selected.
- Go to the recovery phone or email for where you expect to receive the code.
- Enter code and reset password
- Paste or type the code you received and select Next.
- Type your new password and select Next.
If you successfully reset your password, now is a good time to set a reminder to verify your security contact info, or make changes to it. See Security best practices for more info.
Forgot your username
You forgot the username for the service you want to use, or your username is correct, but you still can’t sign in.
Read also: Microsoft office 365 home Login Problem
If you forgot your Microsoft account email address or you signed in and got the error message, That the Microsoft account does not exist, we recommend following the steps in this order to assist you with finding your username.
Lookup your username if you have security info set up on your account
If you previously set up security info on your Microsoft account, you can use this option to retrieve your username.
Look up your username using your security contact phone number or email address.
- Request a security code to be sent to the phone number or email you used.
- Enter the code and select Next.
- When you see the account you’re looking for, select Sign in.
- You weren’t able to find your username…
If the username lookup wasn’t successful, for example, you hadn’t set up or no longer have access to your security contact information, try looking for your Microsoft account username within other products or services that you know are associated with that account.
Account has been locked
How to unlock your Microsoft account
- To unlock your account, sign in to get a security code.
- You can use any phone number to request the security code.
- The phone number does not need to be associated with your account.
- The phone does not need to be a smartphone or connected to the internet, it just needs to be able to receive text messages.
- You may have to create a new password.
Was this article helpful?