The Malaysian Technical Cooperation Scholarships Program (MTCP) was established in 1980 as Malaysia’s commitment to South-South Cooperation through the sharing of Malaysia’s development experiences and expertise with other developing countries.
The grant is a fully funded award offered to aspirants from developing countries. This scholarship will cover almost all costs of study from travel to accommodation incurred towards a postgraduate degree in Malaysia.
The objectives of the MTCP are:
- To share the experience with other developing countries;
- To strengthen bilateral ties with developing countries;
- To encourage and promote South-South Cooperation; and
- To encourage and promote technical cooperation within developing countries.
MTCP is premised on the principle that the development of a country is dependent on the quality of its human capital and resources. MTCP emphasizes human resources development mainly through training and capacity-building courses including short-term courses at Malaysian public and private training institutions, and long-term courses at Malaysian public universities.
- Jönköping University Erasmus+ Scholarships
- Australia Scholarships at the University of Melbourne
- Audi Global Graduate Program in Germany
- Apply to Study at a University in France
Annually, Malaysia’s flagship MTCP offers more than 60 technical training and capacity-building programmes in vast areas of development to developing countries in collaboration with leading local training institutions and international development partners. To date, more than 34,500 participants from 144 developing countries have benefited from the various programmes offered under the MTCP.
Malaysian Technical Cooperation Scholarships
The MTCP Scholarship is sponsored by the Malaysian government and is dedicated to international students from the developing world to pursue their postgraduate studies in Malaysia, whilst at the same time acquire the necessary knowledge and skills that could contribute to the development of their home country. The duration of the award is between 12 to 24 months for the Master’s Degree Programme.
The MTCP Scholarship is open to eligible candidates from developing countries. Further details of the scholarship can be accessed through this link:
Brief Malaysian Technical Cooperation Scholarships Description
- University or Organization: Embassy of Malaysia
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postgraduate
- Award: Tuition fee and Other Allowances
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Malaysia
Malaysian Technical Cooperation Scholarships Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Candidates from developing countries can apply for this opportunity.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply to undertake a postgraduate programme in Economics and Banking, Business Management, Science and Technology (not including nursing, medicine, clinical pharmacy), International Relations and Diplomacy, Public Policy, and Governance, Agriculture and Livestock, and Social Science.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Students from the developing world to pursue their postgraduate studies in Malaysia, whilst at the same time acquire the necessary knowledge and skills that could contribute to the development of their home country
How to Apply for the Malaysian Technical Cooperation Scholarships
- How to Apply: All applications must be submitted through our online application system via the link https://biasiswa.mohe.gov.my/INTER
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- A certified copy of Passport as evidence of nationality (minimum of 6 month’s validity)
- A certified copy of the Academic Transcript
- Letter of Recommendation from two (2) referees
- Endorsement form
- Admission offer letter from Malaysian Universities
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical examination form
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must not more than 45 years old at the time of application.
- For the Master’s Degree Program, applicants should obtain a minimum of Second Class Upper (Honours) or a minimum CGPA of 3.0 at the Undergraduate Degree level.
- Language Requirement: Scanned copy of the original proof of English Language Proficiency such as IELTS (minimum total score 6.0); or TOEFL paper-based test with a score of 500 or an internet-based test with a score of 60; or
- Applicants obtaining Degrees with English as the medium of instruction may also be accepted (evidence is a prerequisite).
The applicants will be given the Cost of Living Allowance, Book Allowance, Tools Allowance, House Rental Allowance, Family Assistance Allowance, Placement Allowance, Thesis Allowance, Travel Allowance, Practical Training Allowance, End of Study Allowance, Tuition Fees, Medical Claims, and Visa Fee by the Malaysian Government.
You can apply through the Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme official website when the scholarships is available next year