If you forgot your Apple ID and you want to change icloud password – icloud password reset then you have to apply this method to change your login details.
When you are trying to sign in iCloud (Apple ID Password) and you find out, it’s bounds back to the same sign in page.
Then use this steps to reset it and regain full access to icloud email sign in account.
However,your Apple ID is the account that you need to reset not iCloud email account. The Apple ID is the account all users use for everything you do with Apple such as iTunes Store, sign in to iCloud, buy an app, and more.
Read Also: Easy Way To Access Your iCloud E-Mail Sign In Online
Before you can reset iCloud password or change iCloud password through Apple ID page, you need to know the email address for your Apple ID.
If you don’t know the Email address you used to registered Apple ID then click the link on the Apple support portal.
Change iCloud Password – iCloud Password Reset
Follow the instruction based on the type of of security that you use for your Apple ID. For Example, Confirmation of your pone number (use the two-factor authentication). Then select the type that you use.
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Email, Password and Security Question and
- Two-step Verification
If you have two-factor authentication like i said, you need to enabled for your Apple ID, then reset your iCloud password from any of the trusted Phone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac with a password or pass-code that’s enabled.
- On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Ensure that your device has iOS 10 or later.
- Go to Settings
- Click your Name> Password and Security> Change password,then follow the onscreen steps to update your password.
- For iOS 10.2 earlier, Click your Name> Password and Security> Change password. You can follow the steps on the Screen (Image).
Do you need help with our previous method? You might not be signed in to iCloud account.
Go to Settings and Tap the “Sign in to your device. >”Don’t have Apple ID or forgot it”, follow the steps on the onscreen.
For iOS 10.2 or earlier , Click iCloud> Forgot Apple ID or Password. Use the onscreen steps method.
Using your Mac to Reset iCloud Password or Change iCloud Password:
- Kindly Go to Apple Menu > System preferences, then tap the iCloud icon.
- Choose iCloud account details.
- If you’re requested to input your Apple ID password, click “Forget Apple ID or Password” and follow the onscreen instructions. (You can skip the iCloud password reset to the final steps below).
- Click Security > Reset iCloud Password. Before you can reset the Apple ID password, you’ll be asked to enter the password you ussed to unlock Mac.
- Need help? Go to Apple Menu > System preferences and then click iCloud. Tap “Forgot Apple ID or Password” and follow the onscreen method.
Use A Recovery Key
Note: if you are using updated Apple ID from two-step verification to two-factor authentication in iOS 11 and later, or mac iOS High Sierra and later, and you have a recovery key, then use the recovery key to help reset your password.
Need Help from Someone Devices?
If you are using a friend or family member’s iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch then follow these steps.
- Open the FIND MY iPHONE APP.
- When a Login screen appear, ensure the Apple ID field is empty. If using someone else’s user name, erase it.
- Click the Forgot Apple ID or Password, then follow the onscreen steps.
- Sign In screen didnt appear? don’t worry, Tap Sign Out. When you sign out, ensure the Apple ID is empty. Then tap Forgot Apple ID or Password, and follow the onscreen steps.
- Here Learn How To Reset ADP workforce Login Account | Problems Logging In
- Verizon Wireless Business Login – Sign in to My Verizon Business Accounts
- Click Here to Access Bellsouth email login | www.bellsouth.net Sign Up
- My Access Florida Login – Sign In & Manage Florida Account
- How To Access Eversource Login – Eversource Bill Pay
Change iCloud Password, Email and Security Question
- Go to your Apple ID account portal and click “Forgot Apple ID or password icon.”
- Enter your Apple ID.
- Choose the option to reset Apple ID password and click “CONTINUE”.
- Choose how you want to reset your iCloud password;
- Answer your security questions, select “Answer security questions” and follow the rest of the steps.
- To receive email instead, then select “Get an email.” To reset your password, use the email that we send to your primary or rescue email address.
- If asked for a Recovery key, then you can use the steps for two-factor authentication or two-step verification instead.
Apple ID Two-step verification:
- Go to your Apple ID account portal and tap “Forgot Apple ID or password.” Confirm your phone number, if asked.
- Enter your Apple ID, select the option to reset Apple ID password, then choose Continue.
- Enter your Recovery Key for two-step verification.
- Pick a trusted device. Apple team wills end your device a verification code.
- Enter the Recovery verification code.
- Create a new password and select Reset my Apple Password.
- After you reset Apple ID password, you’ll be asked to Sign in Apple ID again with your new password. You might need to update your Apple ID password in the settings.
That’s all we have to write on how to Change iCloud Password – iCloud Password Reset account.
Was this article Helpful?
If you can’t still sign in iCloud email and password (Apple ID), make sure you entered the correct Apple ID password.
If these steps didn’t help you change your Apple ID password then kindly leave a comment here by using the comment box.