How to Apply For the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship 2022/2023
Good news for those who wish to study outside the county can apply for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris Scholarship 2022-2023 before the deadline.
Earn a Masters in Development Practice from one of the top ten schools in the world: The Hubert H. Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota. The scholarship is administered by Newton Education Services on behalf of the Sawiris Foundation for Social Development.
Interested candidates must submit two separate applications to the Newton Education Services and to the Humphrey School by their respective deadlines:
- Scholarship application to be submitted to Newton Education Services by Thursday, October 14, 2021. For more information, about how to apply for the scholarship, please visit www.newton-prep.com/scholarships
- University application to be submitted to the Humphrey School of Public Affairs after being selected for the scholarship, and with the guidance of Newton Education Services.
Selection Committee: An external selection committee, consisting of prominent experts in the field of development is appointed.
- University tuition
- Living expenses
- Health insurance
- Travel expenses
- Egyptian nationals residing in Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality holders).
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a well-reputed academic institution in a related field of study.
- Demonstrate a minimum of two years of work experience in the field of development.
- Satisfy the entry requirements into the academic MDP program.
- Demonstrate excellent professional and academic track record.
- The scholarships are awarded based on financial need as well as merit and character demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and social behavior.
- While no specific academic track is required, students with a strong liberal arts education background and sound quantitative and analytical skills will be best prepared for academic success at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs. Fully Funded | 2022 Rhodes Scholarship at the University of Oxford
- Previous coursework in mathematics, statistics, and economics is recommended.
- English language proficiency is required. Valid TOEFL or IELTS, exam date should be within two years of graduate program start. Minimum required scores: 100 ( TOEFL internet-based, minimum 22 on each section), or 7 (IELTS, minimum 7 on each section).
- Commitment to working in the development sector in Egypt following graduation from YLSS Program for no less than two (2) consecutive years.
- Applicants are committed to providing proof of income.
- Completed application form including the personal statement.
- Copy of valid passport ID page.
- Updated resume.
- All undergraduate and graduate (if applicable) transcripts.
- TOEFL/IELTS valid score.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- One personal photo.
- HR letter from current employer including salary/salary slip or a bank statement in case of unemployment.
|ACTIVITY||PERIOD OF IMPLEMENTATION|
|Scholarship official announcement||May to mid-October of each year|
|Personal Interviews with the shortlisted candidates||Early November of each year|
|Announcing the selected scholars and filling the university admission application||Mid-November to mid-December of each year|
|University decision||March of each year|
|Beginning of the academic year at Minnesota University||Late August/early September of each year|
How to Apply
To apply for the Yousriya Loza-Sawiris scholarship 2022, please visit Newton Education Services’ website and for inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call/Whatsapp on +2-010 6145 5551
- Period of Funding: 2 years
- Application Deadline: Thursday, October 14, 2021, at 11.59 pm Cairo time.
- Type of Opportunity: Scholarships and Fellowships
- For more information, please email: email@example.com
- Country: United States of America
- Open: to Egyptians
- Organizer: Sawiri foundation