Fully Funded 2021 Italy International Students Scholarship – How To Apply
For people who are looking for scholarships to study abroad, the 2021 italy International Students Scholarshipis open for you.
The fully-funded scholarship is known as Alta Scuola Politecnica (ASP) which has started to all nationalities and will close on the 14th October 2021. If you are to apply for the 2021 Italy international students scholarship, then you are to act fast before the scholarship deadline.
The Alta Scuola Politecnica (ASP) promotes a path reserved for talented students willing to broaden the horizon of their disciplinary training and motivated to integrate it with additional transverse elements. Students are initiated to a path of advanced interdisciplinary training to understand the complex relationships between science, innovation, technology, and socio-economic systems.
Through this understanding, the students refine their ability to make a positive impact on society and the environment. The educational core of the ASP path is contextualization and problem definition. complex (problem setting), as well as the ability to deal with problems critically originated from the multiplicity of points of view and sensitivities involved (challenge the picture). This does not exclude and indeed lays the foundations for actual problem solving (problem-solving). From a practical point of view, this intent translates for ASP in a path of Intensive Schools structured around complementary topics and in an application project of the multidisciplinary character, developed by the students in parallel to the path of master’s degree.
The disciplinary technical expertise, supported by the industrial, professional, research, and other non-academic institutions experiences, helps students to define viable solutions, supporting the dialectical process open to other cultures and sensitivities.
ASP courses are cross-cultural and built on top of the technical knowledge and skills acquired by the students in their specific Laurea Magistrale courses. Their goal is to discuss interdisciplinary issues common to any innovation project in Engineering, Architecture, and Design.
All courses are in English.
Courses are held in the form of Intensive Schools (Winter, Spring, and Summer Schools). Students are required to attend all the Schools, which are residential courses (all traveling and lodging expenses are covered by the ASP). The teaching style is a mix of formal lectures, seminars, group and personal work. The focus is on learning instead of teaching, with a strong emphasis on the interaction between lecturers (Italian and international prominent professors) and students.
Part of the activity is developed in small student groups, where teamwork and discussion are assisted by tutors. The workload for students is compatible with their regular study activities.
During 1st year of MSc
- Dynamics of Innovation – Aim of the course: to provide the students with a comprehensive understanding of innovation and innovation dynamics, from the point of view of both management and economics.
- Design Methods and Process – Aim of the course: to introduce the ASP students to the wide range of existing methods, from the descriptive models for analyzing Design processes and behaviors to the prescriptive tools that provide a structured and multi-disciplinary approach to design.
- XV Cycle – Decision-making for designing – Aim of the course: in the ASP framework, students attend the “Decision Making”’s lectures after the courses devoted to “Dynamics of Innovation” and “Design Methods and Processes”. This is the third and final step in understanding the complexity of the dynamics we all happen in describing and solving problems.
- XVI Cycle – Decision making for changing cities – Aim of the course: to deepen polytechnic students’ understanding of processes of the decision in complex contexts. Their technical competencies will be challenged while coping with issues of change, innovation, and relevance in cities’ transformations. Particular emphasis is dedicated to the use of decision support systems that assist decision-makers and stakeholders in the choice of actions and policies.
During 2nd year of MSc
- “What’s new”: Digital twins: how digitalization and data will change industry, cities, and everyday life – Aim of the course: The will be centered on the concept of a digital twin, intended as an alter ego of the subject. The School will address the application scenarios of industry (alter ego of a machine), of our living environment (alter ego of the building or of the city), and of the citizen with reference to the healthcare domain (alter ego of the patient). Foundations on data science and big data management, as well as discussions of social and ethical aspects of digitalization of lives and work, will complete the program it intends to explore the main challenges and perils produced by the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
- Course on Communication Skills and effective presenting – The course aims at (1) raising the students’ awareness on communication relevance and issues, with a special emphasis on the “human” factor (“addressing the addressee”) and (2) equipping the students with basic and advanced skills on how to be clear and persuasive, in oral and written communication (public speaking and report writing). In addition, following an experimental activity carried out in the year 2019, support to “mentoring” will be included, in the form of a video tutorial on how to make a CV (with examples). This input is meant to be followed up by peer tutoring (ASP alumni).
Student Benefits for the 2021 Italy International Students Scholarship
- The selected candidates, upon admission to the ASP, will benefit from a tuition fee waiver due to the Politecnico di Milano for the enrolment in the Laurea Magistrale course, the fee waiver does not include the regional tax and administrative fees.
- The selected candidates will also benefit from a tuition fee waiver due to
the ASP for the two years of the ASP study program;
- The selected candidates will benefit from financial support for their
project activities, according to the ASP educational program and to the
annual financial availability.
- 4.No later than October 31st of the first year, the ASP Board will reach a
decision on admission to the second year. Each student must have obtained at least 40 credits valid for the Laurea Magistrale course, with average marks of at least 27/30, weighted on the course credits. He/she must have regularly attended the ASP courses of the first year and have handed in three papers and obtained a positive mark. Students that do not satisfy the required requirements will be excluded from the ASP and consequently, all benefits will be canceled and he/she must pay the fees of the Laurea Magistrale. Please refer to the Students’ Guidelines published on the ASP website for more details.
- Additional economic benefits for the two-year period will be announced in the next Call for applications. Benefits will be reserved for certain categories of students (specified in the next Call) and they will be given according to students’ position on the general ranking list.
The 2021 Italy International Students Scholarship is open to all nationalities and the deadline is 14th October 2021.
The type of opportunity is scholarships and fellowship. You can contact the International Students Scholarships organizer at email@example.com