To those who are searching for the 2022 Rhodes Scholarship at the University of Oxford can now apply for the application. The scholarship is a fully-funded open to all nationalities.
The Rhodes Scholarship is the oldest (first awarded in 1902) and perhaps most prestigious international scholarship program, enabling outstanding young people from around the world to study at the University of Oxford.
Benefits of 2022 Rhodes Scholarship at University of Oxford
- The Rhodes Scholarship is for two years in the first instance. The Rhodes Scholarship covers Oxford University (and College) fees as well as providing an annual stipend. For the 2019/20 academic year, the stipend will be £15,900 per annum (£1,325 per month) from which Scholars pay all living expenses, including accommodation. Please note – this is not sufficient to cover partners or dependants.
- The detailed Conditions of Tenure document outlines permitted combinations of degrees, and how many years of study are covered by the Scholarship, as the latter depends on course choice – for example, up to three years of fees and stipend is available to Scholars who choose to undertake a DPhil (Ph.D.) at Oxford.
- Following selection for the Scholarship, the Rhodes Trust will cover the fee required to apply to study at the University of Oxford. The Trust will cover the fee for a Tier 4 study visa and the associated International Health Surcharge (IHS), which enables international students to access the UK’s National Health Service. The Rhodes Trust will cover two economy class flights – to and from the UK – for the beginning and end of studies in Oxford.
- On arrival in Oxford, Scholars receive a settling-in allowance (£225 in 2019-20). For those Scholars who transition to the second course of study in Oxford, they will again receive assistance to cover the fee for visa renewal and further application for IHS.
- A number of research grants are also available to Rhodes Scholars, on application, which enables Scholars too, for example, attend international conferences or conduct additional fieldwork.
|TYPE OF OPPORTUNITY:||SCHOLARSHIPS AND FELLOWSHIPS|
|COUNTRY:||UNITED KINGDOM (UK)|
|COUNTRIES THAT CAN APPLY FOR THE 2022 RHODES SCHOLARSHIP:||ALL NATIONALITIES|
|OFFICIAL RHODES SCHOLARSHIP PORTAL:
These are all you need to know about the 2022 Rhodes Scholarship at University of Oxford eligibility before you can apply for this scholarships application online.
With 100 Rhodes Scholarships available per year for postgraduate study at the University of Oxford, this page will help you to make sure that you are applying for the most appropriate Rhodes Scholarship.
The Rhodes constituencies (and countries) are listed on the Rhodes Scholarship constituencies webpage. If you do not find your country listed, please read below to find out about the Global Scholarships.
The eligibility criteria for each constituency Scholarship is held in the Information for Candidates document, which can be found by selecting the relevant constituency in the drop-down list of countries.
The majority of applicants will be eligible to apply for a Rhodes Scholarship through one constituency only. A small number will meet the eligibility criteria for more than one constituency and, as they can only apply to one Rhodes Scholarship in a year, they will need to choose. Candidates who do not meet the eligibility criteria for any constituency may be able to apply for inter-jurisdictional consideration or for one of the Global Rhodes Scholarships.
How to Apply for the 2022 Rhodes Scholarship at the University of Oxford
- Go to the Rhodes Scholarship official portal to select the type of scholarships you want to apply for.
- Click the Apply button to complete the Rhodes Scholarship application form online.
- You may submit only one Rhodes Scholarship application in an application round. Any candidate submitting more than one application per year will be disqualified from all submitted applications.
- If you are still unsure of where to direct your application, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org