Trent University Scholarships 2022 for Undergraduate Students in Canada
Trent Scholarships in Canada
Trent University Scholarships 2022 for undergraduates is open to international students and receives applications yearly from eligible students. This Trent scholarship is a Canadian scholarship available for students commencing undergraduate studies in September.
Trent University offers a scholarship program designed to foster and reward academic excellence among its students.
Trent University is public liberal arts and science-oriented university located along the Otonabee River in Peterborough, Ontario, with a satellite campus in Oshawa, which serves the Regional Municipality of Durham.
English is the primary language of instruction at Trent University. All prospective students are required to demonstrate a minimum level of English before they’re admitted.Level/Field of study: These Canadian Scholarships are available for pursuing an undergraduate degree program in all the subjects offered by the university.
Trent scholarship as a Canadian scholarship is hosted by the Trent University, Canada.
Trent Scholarship is open to Canadian and international students.
Trent Scholarships Worth
These Trent university scholarships 2022 worth includes:
- Trent International Global Citizen Scholarships and Awards: Scholarships and Awards partially fund tuition and ancillary fees at Trent in amounts between $2,000 and $22,000 per year.
- Trent International Program Tuition Levy Scholarship: The Scholarship covers international tuition and ancillary fees of approximately $22,000 per year.
- Trent-United World Colleges (UWC) Scholarships: The value of the scholarship is determined upon the assessment of financial need and may extend to cover international tuition and ancillary fees of approximately $22,000 per year.
- Jack Matthews International Scholarship: The value of the scholarship is determined upon the assessment of financial need and may extend to cover international tuition and ancillary fees of approximately $22,000 per year.
- Justin Chiu International Scholarships: Scholarships partially fund the costs of a Trent education in amounts between $3,000 and $15,000 per year.
- Scotiabank International Student Awards: The value is up to $5,000 per year.
- Trent University Entrance Scholarships: These range in value from $1,000 to $3,000.
- IB Entrance Scholarships: The value is $1,000 per year.
Numbers of Trent Scholarships
Trent university scholarships 2022 for the undergraduate program do not have any specified number offered.
Eligibility of Trent Scholarships
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for any of Trent scholarships in 2022:
Trent International Scholarships and Awards (application-based)
- Trent International Global Citizen Scholarships and Awards: Awarded to entering international students who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, community service, leadership potential, and some financial need.
- Trent International Program Tuition Levy Scholarship: This scholarship is funded by Trent University students through an annual levy. Based on high academic achievement and a strong record of community and/or international service, it is awarded to a student from a developing country.
- Trent-United World Colleges (UWC) Scholarships: Awarded to an international student entering Trent University from a UWC college who demonstrates outstanding academic achievement, community service, leadership potential, and financial need.
- Jack Matthews International Scholarship: Named in honor of Jack Matthews, the founding director of both Pearson College of the Pacific and the Trent International Program. Awarded to an international student entering Trent University from Pearson College of the Pacific who demonstrates outstanding academic achievement, community service, leadership potential, and financial need.
- Justin Chiu International Scholarships: Established by Justin Chiu, who benefited from the Trent experience as an international student. Awarded to entering international students from Asia who demonstrate outstanding academic achievement, community service, leadership potential, and some financial need.
- Scotiabank International Student Awards: The Scotiabank International Awards are to support students upon entrance to Trent University from countries in which Scotiabank operates internationally, and are based on academic excellence, extra-curricular involvement, and leadership.
Entrance Scholarships (automatic)
- Trent National Entrance Scholarships are available for Canadian students entering an undergraduate program directly from a Canadian secondary school, and for Canadian students transferring from another post-secondary institution.
Applications are not required for the National Entrance Scholarships and they are renewable for up to 4 years of full-time study.
All students, Canadian and International, applying for Trent University will be automatically considered for Trent University Entrance Scholarships, awarded for academic excellence.
Students on a Year/Term Study Abroad at Trent are not eligible for Entrance Scholarship. ESL students are eligible for consideration, however, the scholarship is tenable for undergraduate studies (and not for ESL).
- IB Entrance Scholarships: All international students applying for admission to Trent on the basis of IB diploma will be automatically considered for an IB Entrance Scholarship.
To qualify for a $1,000 IB Entrance Scholarship, students must complete an IB diploma with a minimum IB score of 28. The scholarship can be combined with a Trent University Entrance Scholarship and Trent International Global Citizen Scholarships and Awards…
College Admission Requirement
All students are required to have the following for admission to all programs
- High School diploma
- Proof of English proficiency (or conditional admission through Trent-ESL)
- Minimum grades as outlined in country-specific admissions requirements
- Program-specific requirements
The following tests are acceptable forms of proof of English language proficiency
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) A minimum score of 580 PBT, 237 CBT with a minimum TWE score of 4.5, or 93 iBT with a minimum score of 22 in both speaking and writing is required.; (Educational Testing Service, Princeton, New Jersey 08540, U.S.A.)
- CAEL (Canadian Academic English Language Test) – alternate test only for applicants who do not have access to TOEFL (Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1S 5B6). The minimum acceptable score is 60, with at least 60 in Writing Proficiency.
- MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery). The minimum acceptable score is 85, with no part below 80.
- IELTS (International English language Testing Services). The minimum acceptable score is 6.5, with no band below 6.0.
Application Procedure of the Trent Scholarships
Applicants should mail or e-mail scholarship documents to the Trent International office. Scholarship application and supporting documents
- A completed “Application for Trent International Scholarships and Awards” form.
- An essay in which you outline your academic aspirations and future career goals and how Trent University can help you in achieving these goals (maximum 1 page, 300-500 words).
- A record of your most recent (last 2 years) extra-curricular activities, community service, and leadership, and an essay indicating how your service or leadership has been a meaningful part of your education. The committee is most interested in specific examples of your accomplishments (maximum 2 pages for both parts).
- An essay discussing a local, national or international issue and its personal importance to you (maximum 1 page; 300-500 words).
- Three letters of reference, including at least two from teachers/former teachers. There is no special reference form, however, the letter must address the following points: the applicant’s academic work and intellectual qualities, involvement in extra-curricular activities and community events, leadership skills, and character.
- Documentation of Income: Official statement of annual salary from the parent(s) employer(s) on company letterhead or most recent statement of income tax returns from the parent(s).
The application deadline for Trent Scholarship has ended. Keep checking with us for more information on it.