Required to apply for Spain Student Visa – Work in Spain in Spain
Required to apply for Spain student visa or Spain is one of the most popular destinations for students. World-class universities, buzzing cities, the chance to learn Spanish, and incredible nightlife are just a few of the draws which make it such an appealing place.
What is the Spain Student Visa?
A Spain Student Visa allows you to study or train, take part in a student exchange, or work as an unpaid intern for more than three months in Spain. EU and Swiss citizens are free to go to Spain to study without a visa.
There are different types of Spanish Student Visas that are valid for different lengths of time. Students need to apply at a Spanish embassy or consulate and provide a range of paperwork. It is necessary to be accepted onto a course before applying.
Student Permit for less than 3 months (90 days)
Students from countries that are eligible for visa-free entry of up to 90 days, can take a course without obtaining a student visa (as long as the duration of the course is shorter than 90 days).
Those coming from countries that do not qualify for visa-free entry need to apply for a Schengen Student Visa. To study in Spain, applications need to be made at a Spanish embassy or consulate in the home country of the student.
Short-term Student Visa visa for between 3 and 6 months
- Advertisement -
- The Short-Term Student Visa allows students to take a course that lasts a maximum of 180 days.
- The application is less complicated than the one for longer courses as less paperwork is required. Short-term Student Visas cannot be extended under any circumstances.
- Students can take Spanish language courses with this type of visa and any short courses offered by colleges and universities.
Long-term Student Visa for more than 6 months
- Long-Term Student Visas allow students to take courses that are longer than 6 months.
- In addition to completing the visa application, students have to apply for a student residence card at an immigration office within a month after arriving.
- For this type of visa, the application involves more paperwork than short-term visas. Applicants need to provide a medical certificate and a certificate of no criminal conviction.
Apply for Spain Student Visa
Applicants need to be offered a place on a course before applying for a Student Visa for Spain. The visa application needs to be submitted between two and three months before traveling to Spain to allow plenty of time for the visa to be processed.
The exact required documentation varies depending on the consulate, the individual’s circumstances, and the course the applicant wants to take. The fee for a Schengen Student Visa is currently €60 per person.
Documents Required to apply for Spain Student Visa
Though the required documentation may vary depending on your case, the required documents required for a Student Visa are:
- 2 completed Schengen Visa application forms
- Passport (valid until the end of your stay)
- ID Card (could be driver’s license of national ID card if applicable)
- Current student ID
- 2 recent passport photos (one for each application form)
- Letter of acceptance from the course provider
- Health insurance
- Proof of sufficient funds to cover stay (bank statements)
Work in Spain with a Student Visa
The Spain Student Visa allows students to work part-time or in a temporary position for the duration of the course. The maximum amount of hours cannot exceed 20 hours a week, and the job must not interfere with the candidate’s studies.
In order for a Student Visa holder to get a job, the employer has to obtain a work permit from the Foreign Office. The employment contract cannot exceed the duration of the study visa. For internships that are part of a course, a work permit is not necessary.
Official site to Apply for a Student Visa for Spain