Swedish institute scholarships 2022 is open for international students to apply to study abroad.
Do you have ambition to become a leader within your field of expertise, contributing to a global sustainable development? Then you might want to read more. Global Professionals is a highly sought after, fully-funded international scholarship program for master’s level studies in Sweden.
SI Scholarships for Global Professionals
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to a positive and sustainable development in their home countries and regions. In 2022 the Swedish Institute will grant about 350 scholarships for master’s degree studies in Sweden.
The program is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. It offers you a unique opportunity to develop both professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other scholarship holders.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for ambitious professionals who want to make a difference by working with issues that contribute to a just and sustainable development in their home country and region. Applicants should also have a clear idea of how the study program in Sweden would benefit their home country or region. Priority will be given to applicants with a strong and relevant professional background and demonstrated leadership experience. Find out more under Criteria.
- You’ll find the list of eligible master programs for the SISGP call for application academic year 2022/2023 here.
- The scholarship is available for citizens from 42 countries
- Applications for Global Professionals 2022/2023 is open from 10 February 00:01 until 28 February 2022 14:59 CET
- Only available for eligible programs starting in the autumn semester of 2022.
- Usually 4-6% of the applicants are awarded a Global Professionals scholarship. We therefore recommend that you also look for other scholarship opportunities at www.studyinsweden.se
Available for 42 countries.
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Moldova, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Russian Federation, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
The scholarship is intended for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programs. The scholarship period cannot be changed or extended beyond the awarded scholarship period, nor can it be transferred to a study program other than the awarded master’s program.
What you get as a scholarship recipient
- Full tuition fee coverage. The fee is paid directly by SI to your Swedish university in the beginning of each semester.
- A monthly payment of SEK 10,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- After your scholarship period has ended, you become a member of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development. The local networks operate worldwide and currently consist of over 15,000 talented alumni from over 140 countries.
- For Bangladesh; Bolivia; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Vietnam; Zambia and Zimbabwe: the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 15,000 for the entire study period. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- For Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russian Federation and Ukraine: the scholarship includes a travel grant of SEK 10,000 for the entire study period. This is a one-time payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- Country of citizenship
- You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships.
- University admissions
- You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs by the 7th of April 2022.
- Work experience
- You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience.
- Leadership experience
- You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment or from civil society engagements.
- Master’s programs
- The master’s programs you apply for must be eligible for SI scholarships. We give priority to programs within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
- Other eligibility criteria
- There are also other conditions regarding dual citizenship, previous residency/studies in Sweden and more. Note that priorities in the selection will differ in some aspects depending on countries of citizenship.
We will not consider any other documents than the required ones. You have to use SI’s provided forms, and you must complete your application in English. Otherwise, your application will not be considered further.
How to apply Swedish institute scholarships 2022
Apply for a master’s program
- Apply for up to four eligible master’s programs at at university admissions.se by 17 January 2022. Note that Stockholm School of Economics have their own, separate intake and admissions process.
- Once you have submitted your application for master’s program(s) at university admissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying to the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals. Your application will be disqualified if you type in the wrong number in the online application form. Applicants for Stockholm School of Economics will not receive such a number.
- Submit your receipt of the application fee and the supporting documents required by University Admissions before the deadline on 1 February 2022. The fee is non-refundable.
Apply for a Global Professionals Swedish institute scholarships 2022
- After you have completed your application to a master’s program, you can apply for an SI scholarship. See more information about the required documents and forms under Criteria.
- Submit the required documents digitally through our online application portal. The portal is open from 10 February 00:01 until 28 February 2022 14:59 CET. Access will be available on this page during the application period.
Note! Due to the high volume of applications, the online application portal may be under heavy pressure at the end of the application period. We strongly urge all applicants not to wait until the last days to apply. No admission past deadline 28 February 14:59 CET is accepted as the portal will be closed.
If you have applied to several master’s programs
You should only submit one scholarship application, regardless of how many master’s programs you have applied for at university admissions.se. You can apply for SI scholarships for up to four eligible master’s programs. Your application should have only one of each of the required documents attached, no matter how many master’s programs you applied for.
If you have applied for master’s program(s) to both University Admissions and Stockholm School of Economics (SSE) , you should include information about both in one scholarship application.
Data protection and integrity