Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2021-2022 to Study in USA – Apply Now
How to apply For Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2021-2022 Application and study in U.S. And Application portal is now open for the OFSP (Obama Foundation Scholars Program) to Study in USA.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program was entirely virtual for the 2020-2021 academic year and Scholars participated in the program remotely from their home countries.
The Obama Foundation and Columbia University continue to monitor the trajectory of the COVID-19 pandemic. We hope to hold the program on-site in New York City for the 2021-2022 academic year if it is safe to do so. However, there is a possibility the program will be conducted remotely and Scholars will not reside in New York City.
About Obama Foundation Scholars
Obama Foundation Scholars Program was opened on 2018, at Columbia University.
- 34 rising leaders from 29 countries who have demonstrated a commitment to finding solutions to challenges in their communities, countries, and regions
- Scholars who were, on average, 35 years of age, with ages ranging from 25 to 45
- Emerging institutional and movement leaders addressing a range of challenges, including strengthening governance, increasing access to high-quality healthcare, environmental sustainability, and promoting women’s rights and ending gender-based violence.
Check also: Apply for Nonimmigrant Visas to the U.S for International Student – Get Approval to Travel to the U.S.
To learn more about the Obama Foundation Scholars, you are to visit the Meet the Scholars portal. For the 2021-2022 academic year, we are also extending the application to U.S. citizens and residents who are making significant contributions to communities, countries, or regions within the United States as part of the cohort of Obama Foundation Scholars at Columbia University, in addition to seeking leaders from around the world.
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University seeks rising leaders from around the world who meet the following criteria:
- Are emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “breakthrough moment” in their careers.
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities
- Are fluent in English (verbal, in writing and speaking)
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community
- Have a demonstrated commitment to humility, integrity, inclusivity, stewardship, fearlessness, imagination and teamwork
We are pleased to share that, for the first time, we are extending the application for the 2021-2022 cohort of Obama Foundation Scholars at Columbia University to U.S. citizens and residents who are making significant contributions to communities, countries, or regions within the United States in addition to seeking leaders from around the world.
Obama Foundation Scholars Program 2021-2022 Application
A complete application, submitted entirely online, includes the following materials:
Complete online application form
You are to Complete the online application form for the 2021-2022 Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University by February 5, 2021 at 5:00PM ET. Any applications Applying/submitting after the deadline will not be in any consideration for acceptance. Therefore try as much as possible to submit your application before the closing date.
The resume/curriculum vitae should be a chronological listing of your employment and academic history, and other significant activities, including any awards, publications, or other achievements․
- Apply for Nonimmigrant Visas to the U.S for International Student
- Apply For Turkiye Burslari Scholarship 2021 BS, MS & PHD | Fully Funded
- Coca-Cola Scholarship 2021-2022 USA – How to Apply
Personal video statement
Make sure the personal video statement must be a short video (no longer than three minutes in length) introducing the applicant and their work to the selection committee.
Applicants will upload their video statement to a video hosting service, like YouTube or Vimeo, and will include a link to their video in the online application.
Additional information on the requirements for the personal video statement are in the online application.
Responses to short essay questions
The short essay questions help the selection committee understand the applicant’s work, their motivation and how the program fits into their career trajectory. Applicants will submit their essay questions in the online application.
Proof of English proficiency
Applicants whose native language is not English are required to demonstrate proficiency in the English language by submitting scores from one of four exams: The internet-based or paper-based exams of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL); the International English Language Testing System (IELTS); the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic); or the Duolingo English Test (DET). No other exams will be accepted.
This requirement is for applicants who:
1) Have completed an undergraduate degree – not a master’s or graduate degree – in a country where English is an official language;
2) Have previously taken the TOEFL, IELTS, PTE Academic, or DET exams in the last five years and scored at or above the minimum requirement of 100 (TOEFL-IBT), 600 (TOEFL-PBT), 7.0 (IELTS), 68 (PTE Academic), or 120 (DET; 75 on the DET taken prior to July 2019).
If applicants qualify for a waiver under this exception, they must upload a scanned copy of their score report to the online application to ensure their application is eligible for review.
If they did not score at or above the required minimum or no longer have a copy of their old results, they must retake an English proficiency exam.
- TOEFL – Internet-Based Exam: 100
- TOEFL – Paper-Based Exam: 600
- International English Language Testing System Academic: 7
- Pearson Test of English Academic: 68
- Duolingo English Test: 120 (75 on the exam taken prior to July 2019)
Please note that while applicants who received scores below the posted minimums may still apply, applications are not guaranteed to be reviewed.
Two letters of recommendation
Two letters of recommendation are require from individuals who are familiar with the applicant and the applicant’s work in an academic, professional or community service setting. Recommendations should directly address the applicant’s suitability for admission to the Obama Foundation Scholars Program. Recommendations should be in writing but not by family members or friends.
- Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City
- A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University, if the program is able to convene in person
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University
- Basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program in New York City, if the program is able to convene in person
- Air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities, if the program is able to convene in person
Need For easy Approval online or offline
Just as we have on this page, there are still some factors which i don’t thing you have the guide line on the best way you can gain online Approval on the go:
- Single Profile – Maintaining a single and correct profile may be easy if only you sick to the true and legal details about your self and on this page once you are on the registration page, you need to make use all the details are correct for easy claim of Award.
- The Instructions – How best do you follow the instructions carefully? You need not to be told that once you miss a step from what you need to do, you may end up losing the Award.
- Ask questions – Dear Applicants; a Point of duty to ask question about the instruction in any where you don’t understand and I return try to make things work well for yourself on the Approval stage.
- Review and submission – Are you still on the page? … please no need to rush because most of these Application can be edited after submission.
February 5, 2021 at 5:00PM ET
Follow the steps on the Obama Foundation Scholars Program on World Projects Columbia Edu from the Guide Here and start your Application in order to gain the merit Applicants Award List today.