Kikkoman National Scholarship 2022 for Japan Students
Youth for understanding intercultural exchange programs offer the people of Japan Kikkoman national scholarship 2022 program to study in any at the University of Japan. The scholarship is open for you to apply now before the deadline. Follow the guide below to apply.
- This is a full scholarship
- 3 full scholarships
- Students must meet the age requirement specified on the Japan country page.
- Students must hold a 3.0 or higher grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Only US citizens may apply.
- Previous recipients of a YFU scholarship to Japan are not eligible.
Applicants must meet the age requirements defined on the Japan country page.
- Complete Application Includes
- Complete Online Application
- 1 Teacher Recommendation
- 3 Short Answer Essay Questions
- $75 Application Fee (non-refundable)
- Health certificate
- School certificate
- Parent-student agreement
- 5 Candid photos
- 1 Headshot
- $75 (non-refundable)
Kikkoman National Scholarship Covers
- Round-trip international airline travel
- Round-trip domestic airline travel
- Placement with a carefully selected host family; recipients tend to be placed in the Tokyo/ Kanto region.
- Regional orientation for scholarship recipients and parents
- Preparatory materials
- Three-day mandatory Japan-specific orientation at the beginning of the program
- Support services in the host country
- Comprehensive Insurance
- 14-day quarantine accommodations (if required by the Japanese government)
Scholarship Recipients are Responsible for:
- Visa fees (if necessary)
- Any excess luggage tariffs
- Personal spending money
- Within one month of returning home, the student must provide a report and photos detailing their exchange experience with Kikkoman.
- Upon returning home, scholarship winners are expected to complete at least one presentation in their school or community to share their experiences, teach others about the culture in their host country, and encourage other students to participate in foreign exchange.
Japan scholarship winners will participate in a special mandatory Japan Pre-Departure Orientation.
- All applicants will be notified of their status (via email) in April.
- Students may not miss orientation or arrive late in Japan. Additionally, students may not schedule to leave the program early or extend their stay in Japan. All students must fly to and from Japan together.
- Scholarship programs are subject to change or cancellation without prior notice.
PLEASE KEEP A COPY OF THIS PAGE AND YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS FOR YOUR REFERENCE.
If applying for multiple scholarships, please indicate each scholarship’s name and code on your application. All scholarship recipients are required to travel on the YFU group travel dates, and to complete the entire program. For more information regarding YFU and the scholarship selection process call 1.800.TEENAGE or refer to the Scholarships Overview section of this website.
- Please refer to individual country pages for program duration and departure times.
- Jan-12 2022