MEXT Scholarship 2022 at Hokkaido University | How to Apply
Application for the Mext scholarship 2022 at Hokkaido university is open for you to apply. Several competitive scholarships of differing amounts are available for students wishing to study at Hokkaido University. Japanese Government Scholarships (MEXT) is one the best scholarships among them in sense of benefits and opportunities.
Students can study at university with a scholarship by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT). There are three ways to apply for this scholarship: 1) Embassy recommendation, 2) University recommendation, or 3) Domestic selection
- Embassy Recommendation
Receive a recommendation from the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in your country. Since application periods differ by country, those who need an Embassy recommendation should check with the Japanese Embassy or Consular Office in their home countries. Here is a list of the websites for Japanese Embassies, Consulates, and Permanent Missions. Apply for the 2022/23 Europe and Central Asia Scholarships For Students
After passing the first screening at a Japanese Embassy, scholarship candidates should contact the Division of International Student Affairs at the graduate school which they wish to enter as soon as possible to ask for a “Letter of Acceptance.” Candidates can find prospective supervisors in the HU’s Researcher Directory and HUSCAP (Hokkaido University Collection of Scholarly and Academic Papers).
- University Recommendation
Students who will be studying in Japan as international students can be screened and nominated through a Japanese university as a candidate for a Japanese Government Scholarship. The applicant should have an academic record score of 2.30 (out of 3.00) or above from the most recent two years of study and is expected to maintain the same academic standards throughout the course of the scholarship program. In addition, the applicant should satisfy the language level/ability requirements.
- Domestic Selection
Privately financed, full-time postgraduate foreign students, prospective postgraduate students, and full-time prospective fourth-year undergraduate university students (or prospective sixth-year students in the case of medical schools, etc.) who are academically and personally excellent are granted domestic selection scholarships that begin in April. Domestic Selection may not be offered every year. Learn more development bank japan program.
- Undergraduate students ¥117,000/month (*Nov. to Mar. ¥120,000/month)
- Research students ¥143,000/month (*Nov. to Mar. ¥146,000/month)
- Master’s students ¥144,000/month (*Nov. to Mar. ¥147,000/month)
- Doctorate students ¥145,000/month (*Nov. to Mar. ¥148,000/month)
The stipend for summer and winter is different because a cold region allowance is added in winter.
MEXT Scholarship 2022 Eligibilities
- applicant should have an academic record score of 2.30 (out of 3.00) or above from the most recent two years of study
- the applicant is expected to maintain an academic record score of 2.30 (out of 3.00) or above throughout the course of the scholarship program
the applicant should satisfy the language level/ability requirements according to the course
- Applicants around the world are invited to apply. Apply for Ph.D. Study Loans. Kindly Check Eligible for a Postgraduate Doctoral Loan
- Embassy Recommendation: Applicants must receive a recommendation from the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in your country. After passing the first screening at a Japanese Embassy, scholarship candidates should contact the Division of International Student Affairs at the graduate school which they wish to enter as soon as possible to ask for a “Letter of Acceptance.”
- University Recommendation: If any candidate meets the requirements according to the course or department he/she may apply directly to the university maintaining the native application procedures.
Application Deadline: January 7, 2022
How to Apply
To submit your application form, kindly go to the scholarship application official website to apply before the deadline.
Make sure you are connected to the internet.
Follow us on Telegram for more updates ====>> US, Canada Travel, Scholarship & VISA Updates