Google Lime Scholarships 2022 Awards are now available to interested students who meet the Scholarship conditions.
The educational program is open for the academic year 2022/2023, and all students who fit the criteria are welcome to apply.
The Google Lime Scholarship Awards for Students with Disabilities 2022/2023 are sponsored by Google.
Google’s education and scholarship programs are designed to inspire and assist students in becoming future leaders in computing and technology by removing obstacles to entry.
We’ve collaborated with Lime Connect, a nonprofit organization that supports students with disabilities as they pursue education and potential jobs
to help university students with disabilities work toward their academic goals in the field of computer science as part of our commitment. Selected students will get $10,000 USD (for educational purposes).
For the 2022-2023 school year, selected students will earn $10,000 USD (for students studying in the United States) or $5,000 CAD (for students studying in Canada).
Requirements to be eligible for the Google Lime Scholarship
2022 Scholarship Applicants must match the following criteria:
- A current undergraduate, graduate, or Ph.D. student enrolled at a university in the U.S. or Canada (freshmen/first years and international students studying in the U.S. or Canada are eligible to apply); and also
- Continuing current studies or intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a new program (e.g., graduating and pursuing an advanced degree) at a university in the U.S. or Canada in the 2022-2023 academic year
- Pursuing a Computer Science or Computer Engineering degree, or a degree in a closely related technical field (such as software engineering; or electrical engineering with a heavy computer science course load)
- Maintaining a strong academic performance
- A student with a visible or invisible disability (defined as someone who has, or considers themselves to have, a long-term, or recurring, issue that impacts one or more major activities that others may consider to be a daily function); this definition also includes the perception among others that a disability exists. We know that 90% of disabilities on campus are invisible, and candidates with all disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a commitment to and passion for computer science and technology
- Previous Google Lime Scholars are unfortunately not able to be considered
- This scholarship is not open to current high school students.
Please note: scholarship recipients must be enrolled as full-time students for the 2022-2023 academic year. Enrollment will be verified after the winners are selected, and all scholarship payments will be made directly to the student to be used towards tuition and education-related expenses. We will withhold the award for any scholar who no longer meets the eligibility requirements and revoke the award for any scholar who does not maintain the eligibility requirements. Recipients may defer their award for up to one (1) year from the time of originally planned payment on a case by case basis as determined by Google.
How to apply:
When the application is open, you can apply by logging into, or joining, The Lime Network. There, you’ll find the link to our online application system where you will provide:
- Contact, education, and experience information
- Current resume & unofficial transcripts
- Three essays – this is your opportunity to show us your passion for computer science
- One letter of recommendation from professors, advisers, or supervisors (names and email addresses of references must be entered by the application deadline – letters of recommendation themselves are due one week later)