How to Check WAEC Result 2023: WAEC 2023 Result Is Out
WAEC Result Online Checker
Are you among the people asking if WAEC Results 2023 is out online? Do you want to know when The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) will release the just concluded 2023 MAY/JUNE examination results online? However, if your answer to any of the questions above is yes! Ensure you read this post to the end.
We are glad to inform you that the 2023 Waec result online is out, You can visit the WAEC Direct portal to check your result with or without scratch card.
Is WAEC Result 2023 Out?
Yes, the West African Examination Council (WAEC) has released the WAEC MAY/JUNE 2023 result online for candidates who participated in the MAY/JUNE 2023/2024 West African Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE).
WAEC Result Release 2023 Date?
WAEC has set August 7, 2023, as the date for the announcement of WASSCE 2023 results for school candidates. Therefore, the results will be released at noon on August 7, 2023.
WAEC Result 2023
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has today, Monday, August 7, 2023, released the West African Senior School Certificate Examination for school candidates 2022 in Nigeria.
According to WAEC, 79.81% of Nigerian students who sat for the examination passed with at least five credits, including English and Mathematics.
WAEC Results Statistics
A total of 1,287,920 candidates, or 79.81% of the 1,613,733 candidates who passed the exam, obtained credits or more in a minimum of five (5) subjects, including English language and mathematics, according to the examination authority.
When compared to the 76.36% pass rate in 2022, this shows improvement in the results of more than 5%.
Head of the Nigeria Office (HNO), Patrick Areghan, announced the results at the examining body’s offices in Lagos. He said 794,280 were males while 819,453 were females, representing 49.22 per cent and 50.78 per cent respectively.
Two Ways to Check WAEC Results Online Using Mobile Phone
We will be showing two ways you can easily check your WAEC result online and the requirements.
- Check WAEC results online via www.waecdirect.org 2023
- Check WAEC result via SMS text message
What Do I Need to Check My WAEC Results Online Using Mobile?
Here is the list of what you need to check your WAEC result on your phone:
- WAEC examination number
- Scratch card pin
- Examination serial number
- Examination year
- Type of Examination
How To Check WAEC Result Using Phone Via www.waecdirect.org
- Go to West African Examination Council (WAEC) website https://www.waecdirect.org/
- Enter your 10-digit WAEC Examination Number. (This is your 7-Digit center number followed by your 3-digit
- candidate number eg. 4123456789)
- Enter the 4 digits of your Examination Year eg 2021
- Select the Type of Examination
- Enter the Card Serial Number found on the reverse side of your Scratch card.
- Enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Scratch card
- Click Submit and wait for the results window to come up
How To Check WAEC Results Using Phone via SMS Text Message
- Open the text message app on your phone.
Select Send New Message.
Type your WAEC*ExamNo*PIN*ExamYear.
Enter 32327 for the receiver.
Click on send a message.
You will receive your WAEC result via SMS.
WAEC Result Grading and Meaning
Here we will be breaking down the WAEC Grading system for you to understand. Do you want to know how the 2021 WASSCE grades its scores? If yes! Below is the breakdown of the WAEC score and grade.
The following is the interpretation of the WAEC scores and grading scheme:
- A1 is Excellent. And it is from 75% – 100%.
- B2 is Very good. And it is 70% – 74%.
- B3 is good. And it is from 65%- 69%.
- C4 is Credit. And it is from 60% – 64%.
- C5 is Credit. And it is from 55% – 59%.
- Also, C6 is Credit. And it is from 50% – 54%.
- D7 is Pass. And it is 45% – 49%.
- E8 is Pass. And it is from 40% – 45%.
- Lastly, F9 is Failure. And it is from 0% – 39%.
How to Upload WEAC Results on the JAMB Portal
To start with, follow the guideline below for uploading your O’level result on the JAMB profile.
- Log in to your JAMB profile (https://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility_/)
- Click on the icon ‘Check Admission Status,
- Now, click on the icon ‘Access my CAPS’
- Click on ‘My O’level result for confirmation of your result upload.
After verification, if you have not yet uploaded your result, go to any accredited CBT JAMB center or nearby JAMB office to upload your WAEC result. Candidates whose O’Level status in CAPS indicates “Waiting for result” cannot be processed for admission.
WAEC Result Checker 2022 Portals for West African Countries
To check WAEC Result 2021 for any country of your choice, click on the country name below and go to the result checker portal.
- Sierra Leone
How to Buy WAEC Scratch Card Online
A WAEC scratch card is a card with a scratch patch on the reverse side that protects a PIN used to check WAEC results via WAECDIRECT Portal.
In the meantime, we will answer some common questions that candidates have about WAEC scratch cards.
What is WAEC Result Checker E- PIN?
A PIN stands for an Electronic Personal Identification Number. Moreover, it is a 12-digit number that is required to access the WAEC result. The PIN also provides direct access to a candidate’s results via multiple channels.
In addition, the PIN is found on the WAECDIRECT scratch card. When the reverse side of the card is carefully scratched off, the pin will be revealed.
How Many Times Can I check WAEC Results with the Card?
Each WAEC Scratch Card can only be used a maximum of 5 (five) times. However, to check further after exhausting the allowed 5 (five) times. You will have to purchase another WAEC Scratch card.
How to Buy WAEC e-PIN on Remita?
- Go to Remita payment page for WAEC Result checker e-Pin via the link https://login.remita.net/remita/onepage/WAEC/biller.spa
- Fill in your information in the boxes provided
- Select Name of Service / Purpose
- Write Description i.e, WAEC Result Checker e-Pin.
- Amount To Pay (₦900)
- Select currency
- Player’s name
- Player Phone
- Payer Email
- Confirm Email
- How do you want to Pay? i.e, ATM Cards, Bank deposits, Internet Banking, or PAGA.
If you select Payment by Cards or PAGA Or Internet Banking, you will need to provide your ATM Card/Banking log-in details and proceed with the online payment.
However, if you select Bank/Branch Payment you will be prompted to generate an invoice and then proceed to a bank to deposit so that you will get your PIN.
Was this article helpful?
Feel free to leave a comment if you need help or can’t check your WAEC result or your WAEC Result is withheld.