Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2023/2024 Scholarships for Student in US
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2023/2024 enables graduate students, young professionals, and artists from abroad to study and conduct research in the United States. The Fulbright Foreign Student Program operates in more than 160 countries worldwide. Approximately 4,000 foreign students receive Fulbright scholarships each year.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is administered by binational Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or U.S. Embassies. All Foreign Student Program applications are processed by these offices.
Program eligibility and selection procedures vary widely by country. Please use the drop-down menu here to find information about the Fulbright Program in your home country, including eligibility requirements and application guidelines.
If your country is not listed there, you are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
The Fulbright Program for Foreign Students and Foreign Language Teaching Assistants (FLTAs) is administered by binational Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or U.S. Embassies. All Foreign Student and FLTA Program applications are processed by these offices. Student visa resource in USA: visa types, requirements, and applications
Program eligibility and selection procedures vary widely by country. Please use the drop-down menu below to find information about the Fulbright Program in your home country, including eligibility requirements and application guidelines.
Other Fulbright Opportunities
If you are not eligible to apply to the Fulbright Foreign Student Program, please find other Fulbright opportunities below:
- For U.S. students looking to apply to the Fulbright Program, please visit the Fulbright U.S. Student Program website.
- For U.S. and foreign faculty and professionals looking to apply to the Fulbright Program, please visit the Fulbright Scholar Program website.
Eligible Fields of Study: The Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2023 is open to all fields of study, with the exception of medical sciences.
- Applicants must be citizens of Tajikistan residing in Tajikistan at the time of application;
- Applicants must have completed their undergraduate education and hold a bachelor’s degree;
- Applicant must have a minimum of two years of professional experience.
Completed Online Applications Includes:
- Completed online application form;
- Academic transcripts, diplomas, and translations;
- Three reference letters;
- TOEFL and GRE test scores (if available). More information about the tests and sample exams can be found on ets.org/toefl and www.ets.org/gre. In some cases a GMAT is also necessary;
- Resume or CV;
- Copy of passport bio-data page.
- J-1 visa support;
- Tuition and fees;
- Health insurance coverage;
- Monthly stipend;
- Books and supplies;
- International airfare to and from the U.S.
- Applicants must have a sufficiently high level of English to undertake full-time graduate-level study in the U.S.;
- Applicants must have outstanding academic records;
- Applicants who are selected as semi-finalists must take the TOEFL, GRE, or GMAT tests; and
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate high motivation, a serious commitment to completing the program, and leadership potential upon returning home.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 2, 2022.
Applicants can access the online application by going to https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2023/
Nominations are made by the U.S. Embassy and are reviewed in the United States by independent review committees. The J. William Fulbright Scholarship Board has final approval of all nominees.
Please address your questions to Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy in Tajikistan, Phone: 2292000, e-mail: FulbrightTajikistan@state.gov