Applying for the best school in the United State of America as a talented student, St. John’s University offers Catholic High School Scholarships for the academic year 2023-2024.
This educational award aims to attract and support both domestic and international students who want to study in an undergraduate degree program at the university.
Founded in 1870, St. John’s is a Catholic and Vincentian university that equips students for success in both their personal and professional lives in the modern, interconnected world.
Why study at St. John’s University? SJU offers a wide range of academic options and has a stellar reputation for developing outstanding students academically. There are numerous possibilities for students to develop their work ethic and locate employment in their field.
All applicants may be considered for a range of other merit and need based grants. Financial need is determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). All eligible students are encouraged to file the FAFSA when it becomes available October 1.
Catholic High School Scholarships
Created in response to a recommendation from the Advisory Board of the University’s Institute for Catholic Schools (ICS), this scholarship provides an annual award of $3,000, for a maximum award of up to $12,000 over four years of undergraduate study and is automatically awarded to incoming first-year students who will be graduating from a Catholic high school and entering St. John’s in the fall of 2023.
Go here to learn more and access applications for the following application scholarships. Application scholarships are applicable to domestic and international students.
Ozanam Scholars Program
This program provides a select group of scholars with a unique and innovative learning experience. The Ozanam Scholars Program connects small student groups with dedicated faculty to contribute to solving real world problems in local, national and international communities. Ozanam Scholars receive up to a $10,000 scholarship renewable annually for the four-year program.
Catholic High School Scholarships Program
Catholic Scholars take part in a four-year developmental program that translates faith into action. Prospective freshmen apply for this scholarship, and if chosen will receive a grant of $5,000 per year which will be awarded for four years of study. Students will commit themselves to faith-based leadership training, service and prayer, and formation of a deeper understanding of what it means to be a leader inspired by the Catholic tradition. PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING EXCLUSIONS: Students entering a house of discernment sponsored by a diocese or religious community, or a college seminary or religious community formation program are ineligible to participate in the Catholic Scholars Program at St. John’s University.
Catholic Student Scholarship
St. John’s has a special commitment to preparing Catholic students for ethical leadership. Our Catholic Student Scholarship offers a limited number of awards (based on availability) to college-bound Catholic students regardless of the secondary school they attend, this includes non-Catholic high school institutions.
The Notre Dame College Alumnae Association Sister Helen Flynn Endowed Scholarship
Established for those who choose to study at the Staten Island campus of St. John’s University in an environment conducive to Sister Helen Flynn’s ideals of service, education, and faith.
- University: St. Johns University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Undergraduate degree
- Awards: $3,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Domestic and international students
- The award can be taken in the USA
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Undergraduate degree in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Scholarship holder can be a domestic or international student
- Students must have registered in an undergraduate program by the deadline at St. John‡s University.
- Must be graduating from a Catholic high school by June 2022.
- Are first-time freshmen who will be entering St. John‡s University beginning with the fall 2022 semester
- Must be full-time students (minimum of 12 credits per semester).
- Awarded for up to four years of undergraduate study; students enrolled in our five-year, joint degree programs will not be eligible for this award once they begin their graduate study.
- Award will be renewed for up to four years of undergraduate study as long as the recipient remains in good academic standing.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: For this educational opportunity, no additional application is required for the Catholic School Scholarship. Once you take admission in an undergraduate degree course at the university. Eligible first-time freshmen will automatically receive the minimum award.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must send the following supporting materials with their application: Pre-qualification degree, copies of academic transcripts, certificates of English language proficiency, a statement, and a copy of passport.
- Admission Requirements: You will be considered for an undergraduate course by the university if you have a high school diploma.
- Language Requirement: Demonstrating the English language proficiency through the TOEFL or IELTS test is a must for studying in the US.
The St. Johns University will provide an annual award of $3,000, for a maximum award of up to $12,000 over four years of undergraduate study and is automatically awarded to incoming first-year students who will be graduating from a Catholic high school and entering St. John‡s in the fall of 2023.