The Boston University Trustee Scholarship is among the Trustee Scholars’ Programs set up every year. Most of the current students had perfect 4.0-grade point averages in high school and were top of their classes.
Boston University Trustee Scholarship becomes part of the outstanding campus community that offers intellectual, cultural, and social opportunities. Competitive candidates who are among the most successful in their class and display outstanding engagement in their schools, and communities should apply for the program.
About Boston University
Boston University is a private academic and research institution of higher learning located in Boston, Massachusetts. The institution is nonsectarian but has a historical affiliation with the United Methodist Church. The school was established in the year 1839 by Methodists with its original campus in Newbury, Vermont, before relocating to Boston in the year 1867.
Boston University is a renowned, all-inclusive, private research academic institution, dedicated to cultivating students to be intuitive, resourceful persons ready to live, accustom, and lead in an interconnected world. Boston University is just determined to produce new intellectuals who can impact their society.
A Boston University environment is blessed with the presence of talented undergraduates and graduates, groomed on a solid foundation of the liberal arts and sciences. With the backing and oversight of the Board of Trustees, the University, through our faculty, repeatedly innovates in education and research to make certain that we satisfy the wants of students and an ever-changing world.
- Award Type: Undergraduate
- Academic Institution/Organization: Boston University
- Country to Study: United States
- Course to Study: Not specified
- Eligible Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: December 1st, 2021
Aim and Benefits
Beneficiaries of the Boston University Trustee Scholarship will be offered the benefits below:
- Complete undergraduate tuition with compulsory undergraduate student fees,
- It is renewable for 4 years if certain criteria are satisfied.
To be eligible for the Boston University Trustee Scholarship. applicants must meet the requirements below:
- Foreign students who had perfect 4.0-grade point averages in high school, and were classified as top of their classes.
- Selection Criteria: added to outstanding academic records, applicants are intelligently and creatively adventurous, full of experiences, or hold unique achievements. They are not just top students, but astonishingly well-rounded persons. At Boston University, Trustee Scholars become the body of a unique campus community that offers many intellectual, cultural, and social opportunities.
Application Deadline: December 1st, 2021
How to Apply
To apply for the Boston University Trustee Scholarship, please follow the guidelines below:
- Provide all the necessary credentials for admission and Common or Coalition Application to one of the undergraduate degree programs by the 1st of December.
- Finalize the Trustee Scholarship essay on the Common or Coalition application as part of your application to BU.
The Boston University Trustee Scholarship in USA Essays:
Please select out of the two prompts below and submit just one essay, in 600 words or lower, as part of your application through the Common or Coalition Application.
- Boston University forms a diverse and inclusive community of students. Please write us about a certain moment where you intentionally and actively advocated for or experienced, inclusivity in your school or community. What lesson did you learn and how would you utilize that in practice at Boston University?
- Howard Thurman, who was the dean of BU’s Marsh Chapel from 1953-1965, once wrote: “Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” Can you elucidate on a certain experience you have had or an activity that you partook in that makes you come alive? How would you try to integrate that experience or activity into your time at BU?
What Is the Cost of Attendance?
Probably less than you think.
Why? Because BU meets 100% of demonstrated financial need for all admitted, first-year students who are US citizens or permanent residents. Each family’s circumstance is unique and BU will create a custom package for you to meet your family’s full demonstrated financial need.
We firmly believe that everyone admitted to BU deserves the opportunity to attend BU. We’re offering expanded financial aid packages of scholarships, grants, low-interest student loans, and Work-Study that will make up the difference between the cost of attendance and what you can afford. That’s why it’s so important for you to consider applying for financial assistance—even if you think you may not be eligible.
- 100% of the need is met for first-year students who are US citizens or permanent residents.
- $329.5 million in financial aid is awarded annually to undergraduates.
- For students who receive aid, the BU Scholarship Assurance guarantees your BU need-based aid will not be reduced for any of your undergraduate years at Boston University.
Cost of Attendance
Billed expenses for the 2021/2022 academic year
- Tuition $58,560
- Room (depending on type of accommodation) $10,990
- Board (most dining plans) $5,850
- Fees $1,256
- TOTAL ESTIMATED BILLED EXPENSES $76,656
- Books and Supplies $1,000
- Personal Expenses $1,320
- Local Transportation (average) $630
- TOTAL OTHER EXPENSES $2,950
- = Total Cost of Attendance $79,606
Tuition and fees are subject to change by action of the Board of Trustees.
Student Health Insurance Costs
Massachusetts law requires all students enrolled in at least 75% of the full-time curriculum to have medical insurance. Students who cannot demonstrate coverage under a qualifying medical insurance plan are required to purchase the University’s student health insurance plan, which is due and payable with your first-semester charges.
For more information on how, where, and when to apply, kindly visit the Boston University Trustee scholarship in USA official portal here>>>