About USA DV Lottery 2023 program
The Department of State annually administers the statutorily created Diversity Immigrant Visa Program. Section 203(c) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) provides for a class of immigrants known as “diversity immigrants” from countries with historically low rates of immigration to the United States. For Fiscal Year 2023, up to 55,000 Diversity Visas (DVs) will be available. There is no cost to register for the DV program.
Applicants who are selected in the program (selectees) must meet simple but strict eligibility requirements to qualify for a DV. The Department of State determines selectees through a randomized computer drawing. The Department of State distributes diversity visas among six geographic regions, and no single country may receive more than seven
percent of the available DVs in any one year.
For DV-2023, natives of the following countries are not eligible to apply, because more than 50,000 natives of these countries immigrated to the United States in the previous five years:
- China (including Hong Kong SAR),
- The Dominican Republic,
- El Salvador,
- South Korea,
- United Kingdom (except Northern Ireland) and
- its dependent territories,
- Venezuela, and Vietnam.
The online registration period for the USA DV Lottery 2023 begins on Wednesday, October 6, 2021, at 12:00 noon, Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) (GMT-4), and concludes on Tuesday, November 9, 2021, at 12:00 noon, Eastern Standard Time (EST) (GMT-5). Individuals who submit more than one entry during the registration period will be disqualified.
Apply Canada Visa Lottery Application Online Form
The English version of the DV-2023 Program Instructions in PDF format is the only official version. Unofficial translations in additional languages will be added to this webpage as they become available.
Important information for intending applicants:
- Applying is FREE: There is NO FEE to enter the DV Program.
- Consultants Not Necessary: The U.S. Embassy recommends against using a consultant to assist you with your application. Please consider using a family member, friend, or other trusted person if you need assistance. No matter who provides assistance, you are solely responsible for your own application.
- Apply online: Entries for the 2022 Diversity Visa Program must use the electronic Diversity Visa entry form (E-DV) at www.dvlottery.state.gov during the registration period.
- Entire family on application: When registering, you must list your spouse and all of your unmarried children under the age of 21 at the time of application. Submissions without the inclusion of family members will make your entry invalid.
- One application per person: You may submit only ONE application. Applicants who submit more than one application will be disqualified from consideration.
- Submit a recent photo: Entries submitted with the same photo from previous DV years will be disqualified. Be sure to precisely follow the photo rules and associate each photo with the correct person on your application. Please note that applicants may not wear glasses in their photos.
- Valid, unexpired passport information required: This year’s entries must include the primary applicant’s passport number, country of issuance, and the passport expiration date.
- Be sure to print and save your confirmation number: This number is the only way to check your status.
- Never give your confirmation number to anyone.
- The only method of determining whether you were selected for the DV is by entering your confirmation number at www.dvlottery.state.gov on or after May 8, 2022.
USA DV Lottery 2023Eligibility
Requirement No. (ONE): Natives of countries with historically low rates of immigration to the
The United States may be eligible to enter.
If you are not a native of a country with historically low rates of immigration to the United
States, there are two other ways you might be able to qualify.
- Is your spouse a native of a country with historically low rates of immigration to the
The United States? If yes, you can claim your spouse’s country of birth – provided that you and your spouse are named on the selected entry, are found eligible and issued diversity visas, and enter the United States at the same time.
- Are you a native of a country that does not have historically low rates of
immigration to the United States, but in which neither of your parents was born or
legally resident at the time of your birth? If yes, you may claim the country of birth
of one of your parents if it is a country whose natives are eligible for the DV-2023
2022-23 USA Green Card DV Lottery – Apply Now
Requirement No. (TWO): Each USA DV Lottery 2023 applicant must meet the education/work experience
requirement of the DV program by having either:
- at least a high school education or its equivalent, defined as successful completion of
a 12-year course of formal elementary and secondary education;
- two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation that requires
at least two years of training or experience to perform. The Department of State will
use the U.S. Department of Labor’s O*Net Online database to determine to qualify
You should not submit an entry to the DV program unless you meet both of these
Official DV 2023 Electronic Diversity Visa Program website and how to apply
Entrants must provide an e-mail address as part of their entry; however, there is NO email notification sent to selectees informing them they were selected.
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Type of Opportunity: Scholarships and Fellowships
Organizer: US Government
Application is open to All Nationalities