Government of Canada 2022 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Scientists
The 2022 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social and research-based growth.
Fellowships are distributed equally among the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR), the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC), and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
Fields of Research:
- Health research
- Natural sciences and/or engineering
- Social sciences and/or humanities
Aim and Benefits of Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- develop their leadership potential
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow
$70,000 per year (taxable)
Requirements for 2022 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Qualification
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and foreign citizens are eligible to apply with the stipulations stated in the Program (Link below)
- Applicants to the 2021-22 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must fulfill or have fulfilled all degree requirements for a Ph.D., PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree:
Apply for Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada
- between September 15, 2018, and September 30, 2022 (inclusively), and
- before the start date of their award.
- Applicants who have not fulfilled all requirements for their degree at the time of application must submit proof no later than October 15, 2022.
- For applicants who have completed more than one Ph.D., PhD-equivalent or health professional degree, the eligibility window applies to the most recent of these degrees.
Interview date, Process, and Venue for 2022 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is unique in its emphasis on the synergy between the following:
- applicant – individual merit and potential to launch a successful research-intensive career
- host institution – the commitment to the research program and alignment with the institution’s strategic priorities
An applicant to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program must complete their application in full collaboration with the proposed host institution.
September 21, 2022