Full Canada Airport Maintenance Worker Description
The Toronto Port Authority, doing business as PortsToronto, operates the Billy Bishop Toronto City
Airport, the Port of Toronto, and the Outer Harbour Marina. We are proud to be partners in securing
Toronto’s economic prosperity and enhancing its beautiful waterfront for all to enjoy.
PortsToronto has the following role available: Travel To Canada Without IELTS: Is it possible to immigrate without IELTS?
AIRPORT MAINTENANCE WORKER
Under the direction of the Maintenance lead at BBTCA (Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport), this position is responsible to maintain
and service all airfield facilities, and navigational aids and maintain PortsToronto property in good working condition.
General activities and functions include, but are not limited to:
- Under the direction of the Maintenance Lead, maintain and service Airfield facilities and navigational aids, maintain
PortsToronto’s property and installations are in good working condition
- Conduct snow clearing, and field maintenance, such as painting, and rubber removal
- Respond to various forms of emergency situations
- Provide Wildlife Control Duties as required
- Provide vehicle and Airside Security escorts on the airport restricted areas, maintain security regulations and
report security breaches
- Provide and report Airport Movement and Surface Condition Reports, Inspect and remove F.O.D. from all
aircraft maneuvering areas
- Must comply with all PortsToronto policies and procedures including Health and Safety policies, procedures, and
legislated requirements and must wear designated safety equipment/PPE
- Other related duties as assigned by PortsToronto
- Mechanical aptitude; experience working with hand power tools, etc.
- Capacity to recognize and react to equipment malfunctions and take steps to prevent further damage
- Clear oral and written communication skills ensuring accuracy, understanding, and execution of work
- Display effective interpersonal relationships – tact, good judgment and reliability required
- Physical ability and strength to do prolonged and arduous work
- Ability to safely and effectively operate specialized vehicles and equipment such as high-speed front mounted
weepers, snowplows, front-end loaders, tractors and other construction and grass cutting equipment.
- Able to lift up to 25 Kgs (50 Lbs) floor to waist
- Able to swim or tread water for a minimum of two minutes is recommended
CERTIFICATES AND LICENCES REQUIRED:
- Must have a valid Ontario Class “DZ” Driver’s License or higher
- Must possess an airport vehicle operator’s permit (AVOP D) or ability to acquire within one month and an
Aeronautical restricted radio operator’s certificate
- Possess a Standard First Aid certificate
- Possess a Provincial Firearms License: Possession/Acquisition Certificate (for bird/wildlife control) and/or ability
to obtain within three months
- Must have a Transport Canada and a Restricted Area Identity Card – and/or ability to obtain within three
months, to perform maintenance duties in the restricted airport areas
- Must be fully vaccinated with a Health Canada-approved Covid-19 vaccination, confirmation required
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating shifts (scheduled for 6 days on and 3 days off) between 5:00 a.m. and 11:00 p.m. including
weekends and holidays
Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport – 1 Bathurst Street, Toronto, ON M5V 1A1
- A criminal record check will be conducted on hire
- NOTE: This is a union position belonging to CUPE LOCAL 416.
We offer a challenging and rewarding place to work and provide our employees with a positive work environment.
Interested and qualified candidates have invited to e-mail a resume along with a covering letter outlining how your
experience supports our position requirements to: email@example.com
In the Subject line, please quote: AIRPORT MAINTENANCE WORKER
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
PortsToronto is an equal opportunity employer.
To learn more about the Toronto Port Authority operating as PortsToronto and the exciting work we are doing
$30 an hour
You must create an account from the Indeed portal before continuing to the company website to apply. You can visit the company website if you want to apply directly without the Indeed job website.
Read also: How to Apply for a Nursing Jobs in Canada – Learn here