Work permit in Cambodia visa enables all the applicants whose his/her work permit is been approved to work, live and study in Cambodia freely without any difficulties. to apply view the guide on how to get Cambodia WORK VISA and permit approval, below here.
The process of applying for a work permit is quite straightforward. Company management must request a work permit and must be registered with the Labor Ministry. It is possible for companies that have established a Rep (Representative) Office or WFOE (Wholly Foreign-Owned Enterprise) in Cambodia to arrange work permits. Long-term business visas are known as E Visas are issued for 3, 6, or 12-month durations, however, recent crackdowns by the Government have rendered these insufficient, and foreigners are now required to hold valid work permits.
Types Of Cambodia work permits
Temporary work permits
- These are issued to staff and management specialists, technical staff, skilled workers, and service providers or other laborers.
Permanent work permits
- These are issued to foreign immigrants duly recognized by the Minister of Interior, and foreign investors, spouses, and other dependents who are recognized by the Council for the Development of Cambodia.
Employment Permits for Foreign Workers in Cambodia
Employment Permits for Foreign Workers in Cambodia
- Foreign nationals planning to work in Cambodia must obtain a valid E-class visa, previously known as a ‘business’ or ‘ordinary’ visa, along with a work permit and employment card issued by the Ministry of Labor and Vocational Training (MLVT).
Besides, foreign applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- have a job offer from an employer who is compliant with relevant regulations regarding the employment of foreign nationals in Cambodia;
- have entered Cambodia legally;
- possess an original passport with at least six months validity;
- have the right to reside in Cambodia;
- have the physical qualifications for the relevant job; and
- have no communicable diseases.
How To Study In Canada without a Study Permit | Study In Canada 2021-2022
How to Get Cambodia Work Visa and Permit
In this post, we explain what foreign nationals entering Cambodia need to know as regards employment-related visas and work permits in the country.
Apply for a Business Visa
This can be applied for in advance at the employee’s nearest Cambodian Embassy, and are also available upon arrival at Phnom Penh airport.
Obtain approval from the Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training
The employer must first contact the Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training to obtain approval to employ a foreign worker. Unfortunately, public information is scarce as to the estimated time and cost of this step. In general, however, the information can be obtained from the local municipality or province police station, who are able to assist.
Requirements to Obtain a Work Visa and Permit in Cambodia
Since you will sponsor employees for their Cambodia working visas and permits, you must provide the information necessary to obtain their work visas. Necessary company-level information includes:
- Certificate of incorporation with company stamp
- Registered business address
- Tax patent with company stamp
- List of all foreign and local employees to ensure the ratio is not below 9:1
- MOC approval
- Your company’s articles of incorporation
Employees are required to provide their own information, including:
- Their name, gender, date of birth, and height
- Copies of their ID cards and passports
- Copy of their E visa
- Their current address
- Full names of their mother and father
- Health certificate
- Information about their role with the company
- The year they received their first E visa
Application Process for a Cambodia Working Visa and Work Permit
Employees can apply for their Cambodia working visas in advance at the nearest Cambodian Embassy by submitting the documentation above. They’re also available at the Phnom Penh airport upon arrival.
Once the individual has a work visa, they must apply for a work permit, which is valid for a year and can be renewed for as long as the period indicated on a residence permit. Cambodia has two different work permits — temporary and permanent options.
Temporary work permits apply to staff and management specialists, technical workers, skilled workers, and service providers/other laborers. Foreign immigrants recognized by the Ministry of Interior, and foreign investors, spouses, and other dependents recognized by the Council for the Development of Cambodia are eligible for permanent work permits.
Other Unique Factors for How to Get a Work Visa in Cambodia
Currently, work permits in Cambodia are confusing and poorly regulated. The 1997 Labor Law requires every foreign employee to have a work permit, but a large number of ex-pats live and work in Cambodia without one. However, your employees should still apply for one to eliminate the chance of getting a large fine. You can visit the Cambodia work permit official website to learn more on how to get Cambodia work visa and permit.