The ease to get a UK work visa permit application differs depending on your home country also the type of job you are looking for in the United Kingdom. For Nationals who are from any country in Europe or any European Free Trade association EU/EFTA such as Iceland, Switzerland, Norway, France, Hungary e.t..c. Migration to Europe for work will be easy and can accommodate almost all the types of work both High skilled and low-skilled work.
However, For Foreigners outside the EU/EFTA, your migration into the UK requires a thorough screening through the UK immigration points-based assessment. Also, the type of job you can only do in the United Kingdom is those jobs that require high skill. Follow up the Regurgitation Process now!!!
The UK Point-Based assessment System
Point-Based Assessment System (PBS) has different Tiers. Each of the tiers has subcategories, different requirements, entitlements, and different conditions for application. The PBS awards point to applicants based on their prospects of being able to look after themselves and contribute to the economy. In any case, bear in mind that your ability to fund yourself (i.e.your financial status) and your ability to communicate in English (English proficiency test), age, and academic qualification play an important role in the success of your PBS assessment.
Nevertheless, the tiers of UK visa starts from Tier 1 to tier 5. The UK work visa permit is mainly the type of visa that individuals from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) use to look for work. The tier 2 visa has 4 main routes which are;
- General Visa – This route will apply to migrants who have a job offer within the UK for medium – highly skilled employment.
- Intra-Company Transfer Visa – This route offers overseas companies to transfer medium or highly skilled staff, to the same company or organization based in the UK.
- Ministers of Religion Visa – This route would apply to migrants who have a pastoral role to take employment within the UK in the community of their religion.
- Sportsperson Visa – This route would apply to sports personnel and highly skilled coaches who wish to take up employment within the UK.
Requirements for UK Work visa permit
When considering to travel to the UK for a job, you will have to bear in mind that there are requirements that will help you make good points with the UK Point-based assessment system. Therefore, you should prepare your travel well and gather the necessary materials you will need for your travel. Some of these items are;
English Language Proficiency Test
The United Kingdom is an English-speaking country. For that reason, if you are aspiring to work in the UK, you will have to be assessed to at least have CEFR level B1 in reading, writing, speaking, and listening. This is to ensure that you can communicate well in your workplace and the community. Application is an easy step that you can start on your Own below …
On the contrary, individuals who have a degree or are natives of countries that English is their native language are exempted from this requirement. Those countries such as United States, Canada, Australia e.t.c., have a score automatically in the PBS assessment.
A visa sponsorship Certificate
You can not opt for a job in the UK without having an employer who is sending you an invitation unless it is the tier 1 type of visa. it is the responsibility of the employer who will serve as your sponsor to send you the sponsorship certificate that will enable you to file for a visa.
Proof of Financial stability
During your interview at the embassy, you will need to convince the embassy that you can take care of yourself financially and not become a burden to the UK community. You can do this by providing a current bank statement or investments in your home country that will prove you financially stable.
Valid passport or ID
To be eligible for a visa, your traveling passport has to be valid and current. You will need to have a blank space in the passport for stamping. Nonetheless, some embassies may require you to show your expired passports in addition for reference purposes.
Criminal record certificate
This item is not compulsory for all types of work. But, if you must work with vulnerable or sensitive positions such as teachers, social workers, health care professionals, psychologists e.t.c. The certificate has to come from a reputable office in an office you must have stayed for at least 12 months or more.
if you are done providing the documents above. You can go ahead and visit the Uk embassy in your country or follow their official link now if you need more clarification about filing a visa.
Steps on How To Apply For UK Work visa permit
- The application starts with visiting the UK official website to create a user account. If you need help on how to start, you can reach us at the link at the end of this post.
- The next step is to fill the online application form. Ensure that the information you supply is correct and true because wrong information may cost you the visa opportunity.
After filling the form, the site will automatically generate a GWF number for you, print it because you will need it subsequently. The next thing is to book an appointment with a visa application center in your country.
- Pay up your visa fee and register your details on the TLS contact website. If you don’t register, you will not be allowed to attend your appointment. The TLS contact website helps you track the success of your visa application.
- You can go ahead and attend your appointment. The embassy will collect your bio-metrics and ask you some questions.
The following documents are important for your visa interview;
- Your passport or International passport
- A sponsorship certificate or invitation letter.
- Printed copies of your online application form and appointment confirmation
- Receipt of payment of visa fees
- Other Supporting documents such as academic qualifications
- Track your visa application on the TLS contact website and pick it up from the application center when it is due for collection.
Once you have all the requirements just as we have on this page and more you should learn and how to proceed will be more in the outline of the official sponsor Links below. You Application Approval is our sole aim and you can start a new registration today. Find out more about the UK visa sponsorship for employers