Those who are searching for international scholarships to study abroad can quickly apply for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2022/2023 and also learn how to apply.
Details about the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth
The scholarship is a unique opportunity to study for a two-year Master’s degree in a low or middle-income country of the Commonwealth.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, broaden horizons, and build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Read also: Reach Oxford University Scholarship for International Student
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Partner Institutions
- University of the South Pacific, Fiji
- Papua New Guinea University of Technology
- North-West University, South Africa
- Rhodes University, South Africa
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- University of Pretoria (UP), South Africa
- University of Venda, South Africa
- University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Eligibility
- Citizens (or those who hold refugee status) in a Commonwealth country are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must apply for a QECS award in a country other than their home country/country of citizenship.
- There is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award.
- You must have already completed your degree and have graduated with an equivalent of a 2:1 at the time of application. As part of the application process, you will be asked to provide a copy of your final transcript and degree certificate.
- The Queen Elizabeth commonwealth scholarships award is only hosted by low and middle-income countries. Therefore these awards will not be hosted in Canada, the UK, or Australia.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Benefits
Award recipients receive:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses allowance (stipend) for the duration of the award
- Return economy flights to their host country
- An arrival allowance
- Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval
The selection committee assesses applications using four key criteria:
- Academic history/references
- Plan of Study
- Development Impact and Post-Study Outreach
- Creating Networks
How to Apply for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2022
Before submitting an application, review the available courses and entry requirements – in addition to the application guidance. Select a course that is offered at the university you select at the start of the form for your application to be counted.
To apply for a Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship, you must first create a MyACU account. This will enable you to save a draft application and log back in to see the status of your application once it is submitted.
24 May at 16:00 UTC.
Visit the official website via this link for more information about the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships
Find out more about the latest scholarships for international students to study for free in Norway