Those who are searching for international scholarships to study abroad can quickly apply for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2022/2023 and also learn how to apply.
Details about the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth
The scholarship is a unique opportunity to study for a two-year Master’s degree in a low or middle-income country of the Commonwealth.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, broaden horizons, and build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Partner Institutions
- University of the South Pacific, Fiji
- Papua New Guinea University of Technology
- North-West University, South Africa
- Rhodes University, South Africa
- Stellenbosch University, South Africa
- University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- University of Pretoria (UP), South Africa
- University of Venda, South Africa
- University of Colombo, Sri Lanka
- University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Eligibility
- Citizens (or those who hold refugee status) in a Commonwealth country are welcome to apply.
- Applicants must apply for a QECS award in a country other than their home country/country of citizenship.
- There is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award.
- You must have already completed your degree and have graduated with an equivalent of a 2:1 at the time of application. As part of the application process, you will be asked to provide a copy of your final transcript and degree certificate.
- The Queen Elizabeth commonwealth scholarships award is only hosted by low and middle-income countries. Therefore these awards will not be hosted in Canada, the UK, or Australia.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships Benefits
Award recipients receive:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses allowance (stipend) for the duration of the award
- Return economy flights to their host country
- An arrival allowance
- Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval
The selection committee assesses applications using four key criteria:
- Academic history/references
- Plan of Study
- Development Impact and Post-Study Outreach
- Creating Networks
How to Apply for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships 2022
Before submitting an application, review the available courses and entry requirements – in addition to the application guidance. Select a course that is offered at the university you select at the start of the form for your application to be counted.
To apply for a Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship, you must first create a MyACU account. This will enable you to save a draft application and log back in to see the status of your application once it is submitted.
24 May at 16:00 UTC.
Find out more about the latest scholarships for international students to study for free in Norway