MyUS.com Scholarships Global Perspectives For International Student
About MyUS.com Scholarships
MyUS loves supporting and giving back to the communities that we interact with. Over the years, we have started fundraisers and donated to the IRC, Bahamas Relief fund and many other causes. MyUS is happy to announce our annual student scholarships to support the future generation in succeeding through their education. We are passionate about encouraging the young leaders of the world to make a positive impact on the communities and homes that have shaped them, pushed them to succeed, and inspired them to enact change.
You can choose the type of MyUS.com Scholarship to apply for on the portal:
- The Global Perspectives Scholarship
- The Community Scholarship
The Global Perspectives Scholarship
MyUS.com is pleased to offer our annual “Global Perspectives” MyUS.com scholarships – focused on the role of experiential learning in preparing global-ready graduates.
As an industry leader in international shipping and shopping, few organizations are more reliant on the desire for consumers and businesses to be globally interconnected than MyUS.com. Similarly, few global organizations better understand the transformative, impactful nature of breaking down boundaries, transcending cultures and connecting the previously unconnected.
A study conducted by San Diego State University (SDSU), conveys that clear results are emerging on the impact of study abroad and international internships on the career development of international business students during the past decade and a half. The study asserts that “solid evidence now supports the contention that students with an experiential international education compete more successfully than their peers in today’s global workforce.” The study goes on to state that, “international educators are now finding themselves equipped with solid empirical data to verify what they have always assumed to be true: learning in an international/intercultural setting not only transforms students’ lives, it clearly enhances their career development.”
A related study conducted by Rice University goes on to outline many of the characteristics students acquire during the course of an international program that makes them far more marketable to employers, from a global business perspective, following graduation. The study finds that students who study internationally are much more likely to be able to:
- Creatively solve problems by applying familiar concepts to unfamiliar situations
- Contribute to an ethnically diverse team
- Be self-confident, yet able to listen and learn from people whose value systems are different
- Take personal risks and act independently
- Be flexible and adaptable to rapidly change situations
- Have a basic command of the local language, and be able to use it in practical situations
- Imagine, forecast, analyze or address business situations from a different cultural frame of reference.
As a global organization, MyUS.com has a growing, vested interest in preparing tomorrow’s future international business leaders for long-term success. As such, we invite all students who meet the criteria listed below to apply for these MyUS.com scholarships.
To qualify for scholarship consideration, eligible students must currently be completing academic courses in a country other than their home country (studying abroad or as an international student), have been accepted to a study abroad program, or have studied abroad within the past two academic years. Students are required to write a 500-word essay detailing why they chose an international program, how they feel that program will enhance their studies (or did enhance their studies) and how they feel that program will likely impact their perspectives relative to other cultures and the impact that will have on future business successes. Additionally, the essay should clearly articulate how they believe their experience studying abroad will make them increasingly competitive in today’s global job market.
How to Apply for MyUS.com Scholarships
To enter, send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Your essay (attached as a document or included in the body of the email)
- A photo of yourself (image must feature you alone, without other people)
- Any additional relevant information you feel will help tell your story
Any submissions not received through this email will be disqualified. If you’re having trouble submitting your essay, please contact MyUS.com at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Essays will be reviewed ‒ and the recipient will be selected ‒ based on the student’s ability to communicate their story as it relates to the questions above and to the overarching theme of the scholarship, as well as the thoughtfulness of their essay.
Eligibility For MyUS.com Scholarships
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant must be a student currently enrolled at an officially recognized, accredited college or university and must be currently enrolled in or have already been accepted into a study abroad program or as an international student. Additionally:
- Eligible students must currently be in good standing with their respective university, college or high school. Students who have been suspended, are on academic probation or have otherwise violated any university/college rules will be disqualified.
- Applicant must either be accepted to a qualifying university/college or currently enrolled in an undergraduate/graduate program
- If the applicant or the applicant’s parent/legal guardian is employed by MyUS.com at the time the scholarship is granted, the student will be considered ineligible. The eligibility of finalists will be verified before winners are selected.
Description of Scholarship Funds:
The scholarship recipient will receive a one-time $2,500 (USD) educational scholarship to be applied to qualifying expenses, including undergraduate/graduate tuition, fees, books, and on-campus room and board for the 2022 or 2023 academic year. Funds are provided by Access Shipping LLC (MyUS.com).
Payments issued by MyUS.com are made payable to the student’s approved college or university and mailed after August 31, 2022, directly to the accredited college or university last designated by the student.
Winner Selection and Announcement:
The scholarship recipient will be selected by MyUS.com after the July 31, 2022 entry deadline. The winner will be announced and notified via email on or before August 31, 2022.
The institution must be accredited and recognized by the government in which the university is established. Any students who attend universities/colleges that do not fit the criteria will be disqualified.
The recipient must be enrolled without interruption, barring illness, emergency, or military service. It is the recipient’s responsibility to verify receipt of funds with their designated institution and notify MyUS.com if the award check does not arrive on or about 30 days from the issue date. MyUS.com reserves the right to alter or discontinue this program at any time without notice.
- Digital Rights Agreement: By submitting an entry to this competition, you agree that all essay and photo submissions will become the property of MyUS.com and may be used in marketing materials, emails and/or displayed online in whole or partial form without notification.
- 1 Renatte K. Adler, Director, International Business and Economics Internship Program, Steven J. Loughrin-Sacco, Director, International Business Program, Ron Moffatt, Director, International Student Center, San Diego State University, The Role of Experiential Learning In Preparing Global Ready Graduates (San Diego, California).
- 2 Cheryl Matherly, Assitant Dean of Student Affairs for Career Services, Scholarships and Fellowships, Rice University, Effective Marketing of International Experiences to Employers (Houston, Texas 2013).
Follow us on Telegram for more updates ====>> US, UK, Canada Travel, Scholarship & VISA Updates