Apply for HVDC Substation Project Manager Job Sponsorship Visa
Job Sponsorship Visa
As an HVDC Substation Project Manager job, your role would involve overseeing the planning, design, construction, and commissioning of high-voltage direct current (HVDC) substations. HVDC substations are used to transmit large amounts of power over long distances, typically between two different power grids.
Your main responsibilities as an HVDC Substation Project Manager would include:
Planning and scheduling:
You would be responsible for creating a project plan, defining the project scope, determining resource requirements, and developing a schedule for the project.
You would need to manage the project budget and ensure that all project activities are completed within the allocated budget.
You would need to communicate with stakeholders, such as contractors, engineers, and utility companies, to ensure that everyone is aware of the project’s progress and any issues that arise.
You would need to identify potential risks and develop contingency plans to mitigate those risks.
You would need to ensure that the project is completed to a high standard of quality and that all work is performed in accordance with relevant industry standards.
You would need to oversee the commissioning of the substation to ensure that it is fully operational and meets all relevant safety and performance requirements.
To be successful as an HVDC Substation Project Manager, you would need to have a strong understanding of electrical engineering, project management methodologies, and relevant industry standards and regulations. You would also need excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to manage a team of engineers, contractors, and other stakeholders.
About HVDC Substation Project Manager
There are several companies that specialize in the design, development, and installation of high-voltage direct current (HVDC) systems, including ABB, Siemens, GE, Toshiba, and Hitachi.
These companies provide a range of HVDC solutions, including converter stations, transmission lines, and substation equipment, and work with utilities, power generators, and other stakeholders to ensure the safe and efficient operation of HVDC systems. They also provide ongoing maintenance and support services to ensure the reliability of the HVDC infrastructure.
Additionally, there are several consulting firms and engineering companies that provide expertise in HVDC technology, including studies, analysis, and project management support for HVDC projects. Overall, the development and implementation of HVDC systems is an important aspect of modern energy infrastructure, and there are several companies that specialize in this area to provide high-quality, reliable solutions to meet the needs of customers and stakeholders.
HVDC substation project manager job Job description
Job Title: HVDC Engineer
The HVDC Engineer is responsible for the design, development, installation, and commissioning of high-voltage direct current (HVDC) systems. The
The engineer will work with a team of engineers, contractors, and other stakeholders to ensure that HVDC systems are installed and operated safely and efficiently. This role requires a strong understanding of electrical engineering, project management, and HVDC technology.
- Design HVDC systems, including converter stations, transmission lines, and substation equipment, using appropriate software and tools.
- Develop technical specifications for HVDC equipment, ensuring compliance with relevant industry standards and regulations.
- Work with contractors to oversee the installation and commissioning of HVDC systems.
- Perform detailed engineering calculations and simulations to ensure the safe and efficient operation of HVDC systems.
- Participate in project planning and scheduling, and monitor project progress to ensure that milestones are met and budgets are adhered to.
- Conduct site visits and inspections to ensure that HVDC systems are installed and operated safely and in accordance with industry standards.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including utility companies, contractors, and regulatory bodies.
- Provide technical support to other teams, including maintenance and operations teams.
- Stay up-to-date with developments in HVDC technology and industry trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Strong understanding of HVDC technology, including converter station design, transmission line design, and substation equipment.
- Experience in project management, including project planning, budget management, and scheduling.
- Experience with HVDC software and tools, such as PSCAD, PowerFactory, or DIgSILENT.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and regulations, such as IEC and IEEE standards.
This position may require occasional travel and the ability to work outside of normal business hours to meet project deadlines.
The Role :
As an HVDC Project manager of High Voltage Substations, some duties would be :
- Lead the Substation package through the design, engineering, manufacturing, construction, and commissioning phases.
- Lead tendering and awarding of contracts for substation package, planning and preparation of the tendering phase.
- Planning and coordinating internal and external stakeholders regarding primary, secondary, and civil sub-packages.
- Support and monitor the suppliers in the detailed design, production, and installation phases.
- Reporting of substation package status to executive management.
Progression to Project Director within 2-3 years.
The Person :
As the HVDC substation project manager job you will likely have :
- Bachelors Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of professional experience in substations projects, EPC, and Turnkey projects through specification, design, manufacturing, Construction & commissioning.
- Responsible for project budgets of $500m+
- Experience leading and interfacing with other offshore wind & interconnection packages and teams
- Extensive Project Management skills
- Experience in all aspects of high voltage from tender through to delivery.
HVDC, or high-voltage direct current, technology is essential for transmitting large amounts of electricity over long distances. It has several advantages over traditional AC (alternating current) transmission, including lower transmission losses, higher power transfer capacity, and the ability to connect power systems with different frequencies.
HVDC technology is particularly useful for connecting renewable energy sources, such as offshore wind farms, to the grid. These sources are often located far from population centers and require long-distance transmission to deliver power to consumers.
HVDC systems are also used to interconnect power grids between countries, allowing for the sharing of energy resources and greater energy security. For example, the European Union is developing a network of HVDC interconnections to link the power grids of member states.
Overall, HVDC technology is an essential component of modern electricity systems, enabling the efficient and reliable transmission of large amounts of electricity over long distances.
For more information and a confidential career discussion please contact :
- Gavin John
- Principal Consultant – Executive Search
- Hunter Philips
- Global Executive Search
- Mobile: +44 7493991857
- Email: Gavin.john hunterphilips.com
Apply for Caregiver Jobs With Visa Sponsorship