Applications are fully open for the Government Singapore of Scholarships 2022, learn how to apply and when the scholarship will end. The scholarship is well known as the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD) and the Singapore Management University (SMU).
Ph.D. training will be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NTU, NUS, SUTD, or SMU. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a Ph.D. degree by either NTU, NUS, SUTD, or SMU.
Singapore is the gateway to some of the fastest-growing economies in the Asia Pacific region. And with SINGA, you can pursue your Ph.D. education in Singapore, establish global links and take your research career to greater heights.
How to Apply for the 2021 Phoenix Scholarship At the University of Phoenix in the U.S.
SINGA fosters a vibrant and culturally diverse research community of international students. You’ll be working in a multi-cultural environment alongside distinguished and world-renowned researchers in state-of-the-art facilities.
Pursue your Ph.D. education in Singapore with SINGA and take your research to greater heights.
Submission deadline for August 2022 intake: 1 December 2021 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time).
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE GOVERNMENT SINGAPORE OF SCHOLARSHIPS 2022
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
ASTAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
The award provides support for up to 4 years of Ph.D. studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500*
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000*
- The estimated cost of living in Singapore
|Item||Per Student Per Month (S$)|
|Food||University Canteens||250 – 350|
|Meals outside Campus||450 – 600|
|Accommodation (based on a single room)||On-Campus||400 – 700|
|Transport Expenses (local)||100 – 150|
|Other Expenses (stationary, laundry, toiletries, recreation, etc.)||400 – 500|
|Total Estimated Cost of Living||1,400 – 2,000|
Priority for on-campus accommodation is usually given to first-year students.
GOVERNMENT SINGAPORE OF SCHOLARSHIPS 2022 PROCEDURE
- Browse Ph.D. Research Projects
Go to Research Areas to browse the projects you are interested in.
- Documents Required
Do prepare the following documents in advance before applying.
Note: Do NOT mail any hard copy documents to SINGA Office. All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
- Valid Passport
- A recent passport-sized photo (in .jpeg or .png format)
- Transcripts & Reports
- ALL transcripts need to be in English translation
Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic transcripts.
Bachelor’s Degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a letter of certification from the university on your candidature if your degree certificate/scroll has not yet been conferred.
2 recommendation reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees).
GRE / IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results. However, do note that you may be requested by the university to submit satisfactory scores as part of the university admission requirement.
GOVERNMENT SINGAPORE OF SCHOLARSHIPS 2022 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Please read the important information below.
- Please ensure that the information you provide during account registration in the application portal is accurate, as the information will be used for verification upon your first log-in.
- Please ensure that you apply for the correct scholarship – “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” – in the application portal after logging in.
- Please do NOT mail any hard copy documents to the SINGA Office.
- Please submit your applications as early as possible. This will provide ample time for your referees to submit their online recommendation reports before the application deadline, as only applications with 2 recommendation reports will be processed.
- Please check and ensure that all data you have entered in the online application form is correct and accurate before you submit the application. Amendments to the application will NOT be possible after it is submitted.
Government Singapore of Scholarships 2022Application Deadline:
- Submission deadline for August 2022 intake: 1 December 2021 (2359hrs GMT +8 Singapore time)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified within 12 weeks from the application closing date.
Apply now via this scholarship link here!